U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Business
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2013, 08:21 AM

18,949 posts, read 57,804,576 times

Advertisements

I wouldn't accept,
A:for the simple reason that 50% gives equal voting rights on what is done to someone who is sitting back and not involved in day-to-day operation.
B:within a month or two the friendship will be in the past tense.
C: the terms show a lack of business acumen

Percentage of ownership can vary depending on the risks involved and amount of money involved. For a real investor $50K is probably less than a twentieth of what they have as money available for investing. While every penny is important, it is still chump change. This sounds more like "I'll borrow from my retirement" type of lending.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2013, 09:48 AM

799 posts, read 2,184,745 times
There is no where near enough information included here to judge.

This is all emotional conjecture. The truth is somewhere between its a great deal for the investor to potato.

Old 11-09-2013, 11:03 AM

1,196 posts, read 1,633,786 times
What kind of business are we talking about here? What do they need the cash for?

I have a rule: Never mix family and friends with business,and never take money from them.

He wants to be paid a set amount each month, which would increase if the business became more profitable; he also wants 50% of the proceeds if the business is ever sold. I don't know what would happen if the business failed before his $50k was paid back in these monthly "dividends". He calls himself a "limited partner".

He wants to be paid from the start? If that's true, he is nothing but a shark, and has no clue about cash flow that is critical to any new business venture. How is sucking out much needed cash flow going to help?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Business
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or