U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Business
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-19-2013, 11:12 AM

1 posts, read 5,929 times

Advertisements

Hi, I have been an independent operator of a bread route for a few years now. I am just looking for some tips or advice from current or former IO's, or anyone in general on how to really succeed at this. I have a degree in health resource management but this is paying more than any job I've ever had with my degree. Just any tips in general would be great! If you have any questions about my route or anything I will definitely answer them! Thank you!!!

-ambitious IO
Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2014, 12:04 PM

3 posts, read 17,591 times
I have a route in Atlanta Ga . Do you have/sell Sara Lee bread on your truck? Where are you located?

Old 02-01-2014, 11:58 AM

1,610 posts, read 4,174,928 times
A union got voted into the Co. I had my snack route franchise with and sold my territory under the table with the company making my route a lot less so stay away with anything that has to do with a union.

Old 04-03-2014, 02:24 PM

1 posts, read 5,492 times
Thumbs up Io

I owned and sold 6 routes for Arnold, Thomas', and Entenmanns in the Southeast in the late 70's and early 80's. After that the company insisted I go into management with them where I spent the next 20 years.

By far my most fulfilling part of my career was owning those bread routes, building them up, and then selling them for great profit.

During my company years in Sales Management, operations and development I saw many IO's fail and many reap huge rewards. As in anything else, you get out of it what you put into it. These IO's that rush through their day to make that tee time or whatever have BOUGHT a job. The ones that cater and get to know their customers and get along with all types are the ones that Bought a business that they will sell one day for huge profits.

Not all business are for everyone, but it sounds like this might be for you. The $ is good if you work smart.

Glad to answer any questions you have about Bimbo, Pepperidge Farm, Flowers, etc.

Old 02-22-2015, 05:36 PM

1 posts, read 4,636 times
Default Bread Route- How do you know if it is a good route?

My family is considering purchasing a bread route. How will we know if a route has potential to grow? What should we look for when investigating the geography? I know it seems like common sense, but I am sure there are things to consider that we may not be aware of. Thanks

Old 03-13-2015, 11:52 AM

1 posts, read 4,477 times
Stay away from bimbo bakeries , this by far the worse place too work for , if you like working for nothing , and not getting paid , then this is place for you , I owed a route in millbury mass , I worked for week without getting paid , some week my settlement. Was 74 bucks ,,and I was doing 8 too 9 k a week in sales , the mangers are all liars, they have no ideal how too do their job ,,. Bimbo bakeries has so many people suing them it's not even funny. , this company is a shame , stay away. At all cost , and don't believe. Anything. They say , and don't sign that slave contract ,, you will be trapped ,,,

Old 08-23-2015, 10:03 AM

45 posts, read 99,144 times
Default Financing

How do you go about financing? A regular bank loan doesn't seem to be working.

Old 06-25-2016, 07:15 AM

1 posts, read 2,924 times
Default Hi, I could use your help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by worldsgreatestbreadman View Post
I have a route in Atlanta Ga . Do you have/sell Sara Lee bread on your truck? Where are you located?
I have a bread truck and want to start a route hear I'm Atlanta

Old 06-04-2019, 04:53 PM

1 posts, read 1,019 times
It has become pathetic to own an Arnold Route. Not making any money we are literally giving the bread away we become Walmart low price everyday I been around for 25 years and this is not the bakery I used to know and loved working for. At least George Weston knew what he was doing and we were making money now since Bimbo took over it we to ****
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Business
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or