Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Business
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-12-2014, 02:21 PM

2,860 posts, read 3,386,800 times

Advertisements

So it looks like the good (sarcastic) people at eBay closed their forum?

When exactly did this happen?

How are eBayers to communicate together now?

eBay was getting so railed by us sellers that it looks like they shut us out entirely, huh?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2014, 02:25 PM

4,003 posts, read 6,099,271 times
i dont know if this is due to people being so negative against ebay and them not wanting to support it or whether it just wasn't used much. theres' alreayd a million and one forums out there which discuss ebay. ebay does have a very in depth customer support help section with articles. a forum isn't really necessary. seemed like it was mostly ebay veterns on there anyways who didn't really need help from each others just griping about ebay policies.

im a big time ebay seller multi million dollar a year busienss and i dont think ive used forums a single time. i normally call ebay directly or just google and try another forum. i dont think there's any big loss here.

Old 02-12-2014, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by doodlemagic View Post
. ebay does have a very in depth customer support help section with articles. .
Do they? Would you mind posting a link to it?

Old 02-12-2014, 02:30 PM

Never mind. It was at the bottom of the page.

Old 02-12-2014, 05:09 PM

23,862 posts, read 24,108,334 times
eBay had a forum???

Old 02-12-2014, 06:19 PM

3,531 posts, read 3,732,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Govie View Post
Never mind. It was at the bottom of the page.
Yes, it's still there, they've just moved it to the bottom of the page and re-arranged how the discussion forum layout works. When you go to eBay's homepage, scroll all the way to the bottom. You will find "discussion boards" under the Community listings on the bottom right.

Here's the direct link: Discussion Boards - The eBay Community

Agree with some of the other posters, the eBay forums are littered with what seem to be both eBay newbs and veterans complaining about how terrible the "new eBay" is; that eBay is out to get the little guy sellers. It gets old reading it after awhile. I don't like that they charge so much either, or many of their actions that protect the buyer over the seller, but it is what is. As a buyer, you wouldn't shop on a Web site that always favored the sellers, so it shouldn't be expected of eBay.

Old 02-13-2014, 01:10 PM

20,550 posts, read 17,701,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by budgetlord View Post
Yes, it's still there, they've just moved it to the bottom of the page and re-arranged how the discussion forum layout works. When you go to eBay's homepage, scroll all the way to the bottom. You will find "discussion boards" under the Community listings on the bottom right.

Here's the direct link: Discussion Boards - The eBay Community

Agree with some of the other posters, the eBay forums are littered with what seem to be both eBay newbs and veterans complaining about how terrible the "new eBay" is; that eBay is out to get the little guy sellers. It gets old reading it after awhile. I don't like that they charge so much either, or many of their actions that protect the buyer over the seller, but it is what is. As a buyer, you wouldn't shop on a Web site that always favored the sellers, so it shouldn't be expected of eBay.
In a bid to compete with Amazon eBay is forcing sellers to take on risks in order to compete with Amazon features.

The reason Amazon wins business because they don't care about taking losses or making skinny profits. They often sell stuff for razor thin profit to suck business away from other businesses.

Ebay tries to make ebay seller conform to the same standards.

Now how could it be an auction place if eBay wants sellers to adopt a return policy? Last I check all auction houses out there do not have a return policy. It's an auction, all sales final.

So many buyers these days abuse return policies and in turn sellers lose money.

The only thing is that Amazon does not sell as much rare stuff and that is the only reason people go to ebay for hard to find stuff.

Old 02-13-2014, 04:51 PM

3,531 posts, read 3,732,527 times
I hear ya. I've read both Amazon's terms and eBay's terms, and Amazon's is worse for the seller. But you're right, with that return policy, it really wouldn't be worth it to run something part-time. I don't recall but does the return policy cover all sales? I thought there was a stipulation maybe to certain categories. I still think if the seller does everything right on their end (provides tracking, item not defective and all of that) that they could get around being forced to accept a return.

As an aside, that's why I hate when other companies mimic the leaders in the space, because they end up changing their system for the worse instead of being creative and coming up with something better. Some changes are good, some not. A lot of these changes are, however, good for the consumer. Unfortunately, the dishonest ones too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Business