U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Business
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-16-2014, 06:07 AM

1,850 posts, read 2,601,502 times

Advertisements

I don't think you can read.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich_CD View Post
If you offered me some 'talk time' for money. I would not be interested. But if you show me what you'll produce for my business then it becomes an asset that is of value. For example if you do profit impact from marketing strategy analysis. Then you say you'll provide a best approach strategy for my business. I would pay. Because I can easily know what you'll produce and I can then compare the results to expectations.

If you just talk to me leaving me to implement your explanation I'm not gonna' pay because you're suppose to be the expert and I want an expert doing the work. If I'm not the expert why would I have *me* do the work? That would be a poor approach to applying resources.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2014, 08:59 AM

13,046 posts, read 11,497,200 times
A friend of mine is a physician. On a fairly frequent basis he is asked for medical advice at, say, a party or get together. Sometimes it is a simple as "do you know any good orthopedic surgeons?" wherewas sometimes it is about personal medical issues such as "I've had blood in my urine for the past week; what should I do?" One time a woman was so pushy as to bring him into a guest bedroom, close the door, partially disrobe & ask the physician to look at the remnants of a bee sting that was clearly infected to see if she should be concerned.

While moderately annoying, he provides general information and if necessary offers to give someone a referral to an appropriate type of doctor.

This past Christmas, at a party at my house, I introduced the physician to a close family friend who is a tax attorney. The physician asked the tax attorney, "At social gatherings, do people ask you for professional advice when they really should be coming in to your office?"

"All the time," replied my friend the attorney.

"How do you handle it?" asked the physician.

"I send them a bill afterwards," he responded, "and that usually solves the problem."

So, Try sending these people a bill.

Oh - my physician friend told me the tax attorney sent him a bill for the advice.

Last edited by SportyandMisty; 08-17-2014 at 09:07 AM..
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Business