U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Business
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2014, 08:17 PM

1,318 posts, read 2,364,914 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wartrace View Post
Assuming you are profitable some day trading futures why would you bother with writing an "E-book"? A quick Google search for "Futures trading E-book" shows over 718,000 hits.

The entire trading subject is saturated with useless systems, educational vendors, trading rooms and magic "green light, red light" systems. Your E-Book would just be thrown on the manure pile of "trading vendors" even if it WERE a useful book.
you are absolutey right

I need to really focus on being profitable. Once I am profitable, I need to focus on staying profitable. Its good to get multiple inputs from a time + effort standpoint.

All those trading futures are all waste. They all just want to sell a system. I have known some chat rooms to assist with setups, but not to directly follow.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2014, 09:01 PM

278 posts, read 274,333 times
If you are an engineer there are a lot of topics you could write about and i'm sure a lot of affiliate products to link to although tech people are typically more link blind than other people it seems. But there is a blog in a lot of your knowledge if only how to pass some of the tests that you have to take. I don't know about the kdp I have friends that have both written them and I wouldn't mind writing some but I don't really have any topics to write on.

Old 07-24-2014, 06:31 AM

4,004 posts, read 5,002,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wartrace View Post
Assuming you are profitable some day trading futures why would you bother with writing an "E-book"? A quick Google search for "Futures trading E-book" shows over 718,000 hits.

The entire trading subject is saturated with useless systems, educational vendors, trading rooms and magic "green light, red light" systems. Your E-Book would just be thrown on the manure pile of "trading vendors" even if it WERE a useful book.
Pretty much every topic on everything with the exception of some small niches is saturated. If you can come up with a better book or market a book better than others you could definately make money. For something like trading I'd probably also include some type of supplemental material like almost make it like a package with learning materials and stuff as well. I could definately see that working out. When you say futures I'm not sure if your talking about like corn and beef futures or futures options. If options covered calls is a topic many people are interested in but dont understand.

Old 07-24-2014, 07:39 PM

795 posts, read 1,098,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by darrell2525 View Post
Hello,

A friend has been talking to me about affiliate marketing and the money we can make on a part-time basis when not working full-time, dealing with family, etc.

From those who has experience:

1. How much time is needed to obtain an decent income ($400-$600 per month)

2. Is there a need for affiliate marketing?

3. Is this industry over-saturated?

Thanks
1. Depends... for me, nothing. But I have old sites (around 100 domains). If you need to build a domain, then it depends on the market and what you are doing.

2. Need? If people click then, "yes". And they will... but you have to put in work and build out domains, if possible. Put content on them. No lie though, it can be hard work. On my main domains, I spend a lot of time.

3. Which industry? It is just a click. I would have though I'd be out of business a long time ago... I still don't see how I get the clicks and sales I do each month. And have so since the 90s.

Old 07-24-2014, 09:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by onlymike View Post
If you are an engineer there are a lot of topics you could write about and i'm sure a lot of affiliate products to link to although tech people are typically more link blind than other people it seems. But there is a blog in a lot of your knowledge if only how to pass some of the tests that you have to take. I don't know about the kdp I have friends that have both written them and I wouldn't mind writing some but I don't really have any topics to write on.
Can't write about engineering. Not enough experience yet. BUt thanks for the information. Good point.

Old 07-24-2014, 10:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by King_of_DC View Post
1. Depends... for me, nothing. But I have old sites (around 100 domains). If you need to build a domain, then it depends on the market and what you are doing.

2. Need? If people click then, "yes". And they will... but you have to put in work and build out domains, if possible. Put content on them. No lie though, it can be hard work. On my main domains, I spend a lot of time.

3. Which industry? It is just a click. I would have though I'd be out of business a long time ago... I still don't see how I get the clicks and sales I do each month. And have so since the 90s.
I will stick to future trading.

Old 07-24-2014, 10:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by doodlemagic View Post
Pretty much every topic on everything with the exception of some small niches is saturated. If you can come up with a better book or market a book better than others you could definately make money. For something like trading I'd probably also include some type of supplemental material like almost make it like a package with learning materials and stuff as well. I could definately see that working out. When you say futures I'm not sure if your talking about like corn and beef futures or futures options. If options covered calls is a topic many people are interested in but dont understand.
I only trade the S&P 500 Emini Futures.

Old 07-25-2014, 04:40 AM

795 posts, read 1,098,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by darrell2525 View Post
I will stick to future trading.
Good luck with that.

But if all you are looking for is Happy Hour money ($600 per month), then you can almost do anything.

Old 04-24-2019, 06:24 PM

5,956 posts, read 4,937,890 times
Anybody still doing affiliate marketing in the age of Instagram and Twitter?

Old 04-24-2019, 07:47 PM

8,717 posts, read 4,067,203 times
I think everyone has moved on to being 'brand ambassadors' (aka The Shill Next Door).

I had to think for a minute whether a society where everyone is spying on and reporting on each other is worse than one where every personal linkage is exploited to sell crap. Jury's still out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Business
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or