U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Business
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-16-2014, 12:11 AM

336 posts, read 348,872 times

Advertisements

Excuse the brag I was a leader in sales for an international company in Florida and runner up
for it's prestigious Presidents award for a compay with 325 locations in the U.S. As a team
at my location we generated 1.5 million and traveled 230,000 miles in 10 yeas just in busi-
ness calls both appointment and cold calls. So whats the trick from my point of view

Present youself in semi- casual (tieless longsleve shirt dress slacks,watch groomed (male)
skirt, blouse, light jewlery watch flats (Leave cell in car (never answer a phone while in a client area....ever)
If a price or unanserable question arrises use that opportunity gradually increase knowledge of services or products you offer
Listen to you potential customer. Seek a relationship aimed at partnering, service,punctuality,trust,friendship customer satisfaction (i avoided lunches, gifts, jokes, or getting too personal. I never was big on companies having so-called think tank regional or national meetings, although short training sessions can be productive locally (i could not justfy
the costs related to days of training for 600 sales people!). The revenue lost in
one day by taking folks out of calls can be staggeing.
Always give complete orientation in a small business and emphasize addon sales
specials and without following the customer thank them for stopping or seeing you.
Always seek decision makers and if unavailable set up an appointment and leave
lierature that may stimulate interest.
Maintain a moral image ( no bars unless at a convention, no strip joints or any
mindless speculation a client might like that or fellow associates.
Learn to overcome objections by allowing the client to assist in problem solving
but thats ideal so take notes and never ever foget to followup and to show your
truely concerned and fix it! When dealing with a cold call (uninvited) keep your talk short and respect non decision makers schedule, phone interuptions, the managers desire for them not to alter their time management.
I always developed a basic sales plan, avoided calling at lunch times. If an appointment
required a lunch for a staff i weighed the quality of the stop (sorry but if the potential
for business did not appear worthy the expense I moved on) Too many times sales
folks spend company money on foolish stops where even decision makers were not
present.
Don't golf or shop when you should be wearing holes in you shoes seling I would dump your dumb
butt before you can say four !
I remain a fan of cost controlled handouts albeit brochures, and items with our company
name and phone number.
Encourage the company to have two phone numbers one toll free if feasible.
Make sure a phone answering system is as professional as general professional phone etiquette
If given business return with a thank you card and candy ( mints, chocolates)

Last edited by Inattentive; 07-16-2014 at 12:26 AM.. Reason: formating
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Business
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or