U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Business
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-05-2014, 07:05 PM

795 posts, read 1,100,383 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocco Barbosa View Post
Why is it that when you're struggling with getting your business started, on the verge of getting evicted from your home, your car might get repossessed, credit card companies are calling,etc....no one is around.

After years of struggle, you hit your stride and have massive success with your business.....all of a sudden everyone wants to be your friend.

Why is that?

I would say this would be the worst thing about attaining massive success. The groupies come out of the wood work.
Depends though... did you push them AWAY and have more time now to associate with people vs. when you were trying to grow your business???

Honestly, if you are not around and then you are around, then people will start to call you more.

Just throwing out a different argument... I can't say I disagree with you... some will attempt to "use you", if you let them. Depends on the people you hang around.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2014, 11:18 AM

5,389 posts, read 3,625,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calnbs View Post
Now, if I was trying to push some over priced MLM products that can be purchased elsewhere cheaper. Yes, I can understand they not wanting to do business with me.

But that's not the case. For me, it's more on a personal level. Especially those that I helped along the way even when I didn't have much. But that's what you do for friends and family. You help. I gave money away to a lot of these people without ever having them repay me when they didn't have money to buy clothes, food, pay their credit card bill, pay their rent. All these people I stood by them when they where in a bottomless pit. Even when my wife was against it, I helped them anyway because that's what you do for friends and family. Never once ask it back. The one time I ask if they could scratch my back once. Not a single one of them volunteer.

I have other friends and other relatives that I didn't do much for them. I'm good with them. I gave none and I expect none from them. Those that was about to be homeless and I step in, those that didn't have money and I clothe them, and fed them. They should be more considerate and be like...man, all those years that Calnbs and his wife gave to us and helped us and never once ask for anything back....we should support them as a thank you since we are already buying these products from someone else already, lets support Calnbs' business....

I guess the saying is true, you don't know who your true friends and family are until you are in need of their help.
Don't let it eat you up. Sounds like you are a very giving, generous person. Unfortunately, many people aren't.

Make a drink and watch some Judge Judy episodes on youtube. You will see how most people who received help not only don't think they should pay a generous friend back, but many actually fight and end the relationships.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Business