U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Business
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-11-2014, 12:38 PM

27,983 posts, read 33,088,522 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nylonggamer View Post
the person who said if you can't tell the wallet was fake for 6 months then why are you spending 450 on a wallet is dead on.
most people who spend that much on a wallet cant tell. people are letting their personal feelings cloud their judgment. my wife could spend $450 on a booger that looks like abe Lincoln and if 6 months later she finds out its a fake booger I will still attempt to get a refund. do I care that she spent $450 on a booger? not really.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2014, 04:42 PM

486 posts, read 704,329 times
I would file a police report and insists on a copy of it. Then I would sent a copy of the police reports and a letter to the seller house demanding a refund. Send it certified mail or something official looking.

if it was sent USPS you should also file for mail fraud.

Most likely you still won't get a dime but you never know.

Old 08-29-2014, 07:16 PM

677 posts, read 906,634 times
This is why you don't buy designer stuff on Ebay. I mean, to save $200? I would have just saved the extra money and went to the LV store. I've sold designer bags on Ebay, both Christian Dior and Coach. Not nearly as expensive as an LV bag, but I always put in my listing that I guarantee authenticity if brought to a Coach/whatever store. These bags have sold right away, but me personally I would never buy something like that off Ebay. And I sell and buy a lot on that site.

Old 09-03-2014, 12:55 AM

698 posts, read 691,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
you may be right on the first part, but i dont think so on the second part. when someone lists a product and claims its genuine, then provides pictures of a fake (that looks to 99.9% of people to be genuine) its still fraud.

if i went to a store and they claimed to be selling real chanel purses. i buy that purse after inspecting it in person. it turns out to be counterfeit. the stores is still guilty of fraud. just because i was fooled by their deception doesnt mean "you get what you paid for." you dont pay $450 for a fake wallet. im surprised my wife didnt catch it in advance. she is familiar with that kind of stuff and also is familiar with a web site where people post pictures for verification of authenticity.
if you had bought it in a store, it's less likely to be fake. Amateur sellers on eBay don't necessarily know the difference, that's the risk you take. Well at least after the sellers return period. Sorry to hear it was fake but i'd move on.

Old 09-03-2014, 07:14 AM

4,103 posts, read 4,601,458 times
There are just some things that ebay is not for, this being an example. Its great if you want to buy a guitar or a lamp, but if youre buying something that has a huge precedence for being counterfeited.....then buyer beware.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Business