U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Business
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-03-2014, 04:40 AM

19,247 posts, read 25,508,880 times

Advertisements

if you are a woman,, start a sports massage business- 50.00 -80.00 an hr

just be sure to clearly state no happy endings,

ive known a few lady's to do this and they are doing extremely well

on one hand if anything is easy, its already being done

on the other hand,,,this is a highly technical world now with possibilities that are very easy to put together and market..

you could start 4 home businesses, get a snappy name and market on social media,,,and cost you very little

you could be one of them food demo persons- email food companies, give them good rates- and see if you get any response..
this intrigues me,,,some of these folks in the supermarkets, demo-ing foods are making over 30.00 an hr

you can do "errands" whether someone just broke a leg, is homebound, is sick, or whatever,,,,,they would pay to get groceries,or do other errands

come up with a snappy name for this

if I had to do it over again,,,,id think about becoming a "new car broker"
with the cost of new/newer vehicles being ten of thousands of dollars, someone can charge 500.00 just for doing the research on "whats on the market, or whats the best price out there"??

people get screwed every day buying thousands more than they could have ,,
you be the expert on where to look, what you have found, and even having the car checked out by another mechanic

some people hate /despise doing any of this, or haggling with car dealerships

and/or have them bargain on your behalf, with a trade in - all around town,,,to see who has the best deals
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2014, 12:05 PM

820 posts, read 1,069,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mainebrokerman View Post

you could be one of them food demo persons- email food companies, give them good rates- and see if you get any response..
this intrigues me,,,some of these folks in the supermarkets, demo-ing foods are making over 30.00 an hr
Sorry I have to laugh at this suggestion, when I worked in a retail store kiosk I asked the guy doing food demos how much he really makes, and its barely above minimum wage.

Old 09-03-2014, 03:57 PM

13,046 posts, read 11,541,161 times
Here are a few ideas that seem to have extremely strong demand coupled with quite limited supply. You can do these yourself once you have some expertise.

* Disassembly and/or Reverse engineering of products where your client is a law firm seeking to find evidence of patent infringement

* Tax consulting to assist corporations in off-shoring, tax-inverting and the like.

* Patent prosecution as a patent agent (rather than as a patent attorney).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Business
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or