Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Business
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-01-2014, 11:11 PM

952 posts, read 2,633,152 times

Advertisements

MIL is expanding her home care business in California. Currently takes care of 8 patients, but will bring in another 8 when she gets another house.

She will also then be retiring and handing over the business to me and her son, AFTER the expansion...

I have a few questions though..

Should we require some help around the house such as cooking and cleaning etc...once we take over the business, are we allowed to hire some help, and if so, what pay would i offer for such assistance?

Also, how complicated would it be when it comes to filing taxes and being self employed...is it better to hire an accountant to manage all that?

We really want the business to remain successful after MIL retires...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2014, 10:39 PM

698 posts, read 797,622 times
"patients?" I'm not sure what this means, sorry.

But I'd make sure that any regulations which would apply to you... are checked out first.

For example, if your Mother has a home for the developmentally disabled, you cannot just "take it over"

because you would only be allowed legally, to be a home licensed for 4 people. And you'd be going thru

the same Adminstrative program she did, with a certain amount of hours put in for classes every few yrs.

Licensing can change. Oh and Good luck to you
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Business