Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Business
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-25-2009, 03:28 PM

1 posts, read 3,433 times

Advertisements

I joined Amway because it was leading up to the Quixtar online opening and I thought I could make some money early in the business. I was terribly wrong, but was smart enough to get out before I spent too much time or money.

Quixtar-Amway is not a scam in that it does legitimately market products through a person-to-person marketing business. Somehow they have worked out the compensation package so that it is not legally considered a "pyramid scheme." I was told this is because each person has to fulfill their minimum point level each month to get paid for all the sales running through their "business." The shadow business is the real scam. People will argue that it is voluntary to buy the tapes, CDs, books, etc. However, in reality your "upline" constantly tries to mind imprint you into buying into the system. The upline will call you incessantly and ask if you are reading and listening to the tapes. He or she will berate you like a misbehaved child if you don't do everything he or she suggests. "Business meetings" are another tool of the "system" that provides additional income for the older "successful" distributors. They draw the same circles on the whiteboard every "meeting," brag about their cars, boats, and houses, brag about other distributors' cars, boats, and houses, and pass around their fake Rolexes so you can get a piece of the dream. Who ever heard of paying to attend a business meeting? These are really just choreographed sales pitches for new targets. Another thing I haven't read about online is that the products really suck. They are more expensive and lower quality than comparable products at your local Wal-mart. You have to pay shipping in addition to the already ridiculous prices. They hook you into buying all your home products from your "business," because to get paid for your sales to other people and for your downline sales you have to fulfill your minimum points. I put nearly a year into this crap and got a $30 check for spending around $500. Stay away from the zombies who fall into this trap.

How can you become a millionaire doing something that hundreds of thousands of people are also doing? Create a business that markets to idiots and you'll never be short on money.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2009, 05:19 PM
'M'

1,949 posts, read 3,173,523 times
If you will Google some phrases with Quixtar in them, you will find out that it is an MLM aka Multi Level Marketing business where only the people at the top make any money at all. Oh, sure, you make a small amt of money on any products you sell, but the big bucks never come.

Old 07-18-2009, 05:23 PM
'M'

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItalianMomma View Post
So how come my neighbors are pulling in a 6 figure income from Quixtar? And they started last October. They have been to 3 different states all paid expenses. And they are loving every minute of it.
They are probably connected to the people at the top...if not THE people at the top. Quixtar is not set up so that the "little people" make any money.

Old 07-18-2009, 05:28 PM
'M'

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacob9480 View Post
why do people keep saying they had stuff in there basement. I have nothing in my basement and I was not forced into this business I walked in myself. I like what I do, its fun, and I am around great people. No one tried to get me in or so on. I can't seem to see what you guys see. You might say I am brain washed I say brain clean. I don't see it you know why Quixtar has many networks and networks are run by people. So if one network is large but there are a few apples in that network that are doing wrong. The filth that comes from them will destroy the network and then destroy the name of the larger network which is Amway or Quixtar. Can anyone explain to me what a Pyramid is. nic529 this is for you first how long were you in the business, second did you sell anything to build volume if not that's your fault, third we don't force we share if you forced you failed because no one does anything in force. Forth did you do the 9 core steps not 7 core not 6 core all 9 core steps without leaving one out. Here are the 9 core steps A. show the plan 3 to 5 times a week not once not 2 1/2 but 3 to 5 times a week that how long business are open. B. 100% personal use 150 pv single 300 pv couples. C. Customer order at least 50pv D.read for about 15 min a day. E. listen to CDs for education. F. attend all functions. G. counsel and coach. H. All ways have integrate, accountability, and honesty. I.Communikat. If you been in the business for a long time and did not learn how to do this right and talk to your upline you would quit in a min. This business is here to stay my people whether you bash it or not I am going to keep moving forward. This business takes work and if your not willing to be coached you will fail but if you fail and you have fallen you will picked up if you had a will.

You sound like a Bernie Madoff wannabe...I hope you report back to us in two years to let us know how your MLM worked for you. I have checked Quixtar out very thoroughly...it is a typical MLM scheme where ONLY the people at the VERY TOP...the same people who started the business...make any of the BIG BUCKS. There are always people who think they will make something out of nothing. No offense to the TRUE ENTREPRENEUR...which in no way can compare to an MLM business. The coaching is all just B.S. The 'little people' are doing all the work for the scoundrels at the top. Bernie got 150 years... how many years will the Quixtar folks be getting?

To anyone who is actually considering enrolling in Quixtar and spending 24x7 working for these Fraudsters...here is your answer http://quixtarisacultintervention.blogspot.com/2009/03/how-amway-fraud-makes-bernie-madoff.html (broken link)

Old 07-18-2009, 05:35 PM

6,034 posts, read 10,646,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rnick284 View Post
I joined Amway because it was leading up to the Quixtar online opening and I thought I could make some money early in the business. I was terribly wrong, but was smart enough to get out before I spent too much time or money.

This is nothing new. Quixtar has been around for a long time. First time someone tried to sell it to me was around 2000. It's still a scam.

Old 07-22-2009, 08:15 AM

897 posts, read 2,816,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bassholic View Post
Amway now has commercials. That will make them see more of a legitimate company
Legitimate company? LMAO
Amway is just taking advantage of the current ecomomy, nothing more.

Old 07-22-2009, 08:30 AM

897 posts, read 2,816,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ItalianMomma View Post
So how come my neighbors are pulling in a 6 figure income from Quixtar? And they started last October. They have been to 3 different states all paid expenses. And they are loving every minute of it.
I'd be very suspicious of anyone that has the audacity to tell me such personal information. Please tell me you did not "buy" into any of the your neighbors are feeding you!

Old 08-09-2009, 02:51 PM

64 posts, read 232,073 times
Sure. It's a well known scam.

Old 08-20-2009, 02:04 AM

2 posts, read 6,156 times
Post information

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCMommy2-4 View Post
I am still researching this get rich business my friend is looking into. I think its more an Amway style via the internet.

Anyone here nkow of it .. good or bad?

NcMommy
I joined in Amway last year.Now i want to know waht is profite in Amway. I also want to know why Amway product is more costly. I think poor people could not purchase this product. I want to know if somebody get salary around 8000/- per month how that person buy this costly product I m waiting for ur reply my e-mail address is [EMAIL="far345@yahoo.co.in"]far345@yahoo.co.in[/EMAIL]

Thanking
Nitu

Old 08-20-2009, 02:06 AM

2 posts, read 6,156 times
Already I sent a mail to u. If ur product n business is genuine then plz send ur reply of my mail.MY e-mail address is [email]far345@yahoo.co.in[/email]
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Business