Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Business
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-24-2014, 08:27 AM

4,668 posts, read 3,895,546 times

Advertisements

The idea of this thread is pretty simple, is there any particular book that had an influential impact on how you run your business or taught you other life changing skills that pertain to business. I'm no Dave Ramsey purist and diverge from his theory occasionally, but his books have had a good deal of influence on me. Richard Branson's, Losing My Virginity, was a good motivational/inspirational book for me, even if that wasn't the intent of the book. How to Win Friends and Influence People is also a good book, one that any business person should read. I'm currently reading Thinking for a Change and then I bought Good to Great to read next. I personally need to work on my leadership skills.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2014, 09:32 AM

34,088 posts, read 82,920,234 times
The Art of War Sun Tzu

Old 10-24-2014, 10:00 AM

6,234 posts, read 8,436,891 times
U.S. Code: Title 26 - INTERNAL REVENUE CODE

Old 10-24-2014, 03:30 PM

366 posts, read 730,408 times
The E-Myth: Why Most Businesses Don't Work and What To Do About It.

Think And Grow Rich.

Old 10-24-2014, 07:25 PM

22,146 posts, read 33,503,954 times
Stop acting Rich
I never got to the acting rich part. In part because I'm just not a flashy type of person and the other I consider myself a joe average. I just picked up the book at a buddys house to read. His dad bought it to give it to my buddy. He didn't want it. It made sense to me. I never read a Dave Ramsey book, but I'm not his target audience either, I have heard his show a few times. If I ever get to pick up a free or clearance rack DR book I'll read it.

Old 10-24-2014, 11:05 PM

4,668 posts, read 3,895,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrician4you View Post
Stop acting Rich
I never got to the acting rich part. In part because I'm just not a flashy type of person and the other I consider myself a joe average. I just picked up the book at a buddys house to read. His dad bought it to give it to my buddy. He didn't want it. It made sense to me. I never read a Dave Ramsey book, but I'm not his target audience either, I have heard his show a few times. If I ever get to pick up a free or clearance rack DR book I'll read it.
I wouldn't buy a DR book either, it's too easy to borrow one for free. DR has a lot of fanatic followers, such as my parents, but he has also turned a lot of people's lives around for the better, but I'm not in that category. I enjoy reading entrepreneurs biographies, most of them are fairly inspirational and I believe show that creating a successful business is mostly about hard work and having the right people around you.

Old 11-14-2014, 08:55 PM

2 posts, read 1,758 times
Simplicity
It was written by the chairman of the board of the corporation Jensen - Bill Jensen. The book talks about the success in the chaotic business environment and how to deal with information overload. It helps you identify the complexity of the communication process and simplify them.
Why should I read? Because the book gives you practical ideas on how to convey information in a way that saves time to achieve the highest efficiency. For managers, this book is a great handbook

Old 11-16-2014, 06:59 AM

3,822 posts, read 9,470,404 times
Got finished reading "The Compound Effect" by Darren Hardy earlier this month. Makes the case for how small incremental changes can make a huge impact on your life and business (either positive or negative). This book has made me change my way of thinking in almost all areas of my life.

Old 11-20-2014, 06:59 PM

10,704 posts, read 5,651,721 times
"The Richest Man in Babylon"

Old 11-20-2014, 07:47 PM

2 posts, read 1,545 times
Crucial confrontations: Written by Kerry Patterson, Joseph Grenny, Ron McMillan, and Al Switzler. How to succeed in the difficult discussions that the topics discussed are sensitive, easy to make someone angry? How do other people respect you when both are in a competition? You do not need to worry anymore. This book will talk about the transformation content and topics skills which can build or destroy your business quietly, politely. It is also an important book for all young novices, especially for those who work in the competitive and high pressure environment
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Business