Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Business
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-01-2015, 06:29 AM

94 posts, read 90,283 times

Advertisements

I've been thinking about having extra passive incomes. Are there any actual ways to make passive incomes without an investment? So far I've thought of:
>Selling e-books
>Google Adsense
>Answering paid surveys
>...?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2015, 06:34 AM

1,901 posts, read 1,828,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tikhung01 View Post
I've been thinking about having extra passive incomes. Are there any actual ways to make passive incomes without an investment? So far I've thought of:
>Selling e-books
>Google Adsense
>Answering paid surveys
>...?
Great Passive Income Ideas

Old 09-01-2015, 08:35 AM

2,170 posts, read 1,952,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tikhung01 View Post
>Selling e-books
>Google Adsense
>Answering paid surveys
>...?

Right there with you. If you come up with something please let me know. I started a little website once got it to the point where I was getting almost 5,000 visits a day. After 2 months and only like 3 clicks on advertising links and literally zero revenue I gave up. I had spent an average of probably an hour a day and was just getting nowhere. I figured I'd have to get to the point of over 50,000 visits a day to even start to make the littlest bit of $ and I just wasn't willing to commit or keep up. I'd rather get a part time job 1 day a week.

Passive income is great, but how much do you have to work to get yourself to the level of it being passive.

Old 09-02-2015, 12:54 PM

2,420 posts, read 3,847,676 times
In terms of sites like Etsy I think selling things there is hard because everyone is doing it. Everyone's products look the same, too, because the site is getting bigger. The more passive income articles there are the more people that get on those sites and saturate it.

I would rather sell crafts from the back of my truck on weekends or at a flea market for Cold. Hard. Cash.

Old 09-02-2015, 03:56 PM

671 posts, read 900,321 times
Instead of Google Adsense, you should find a smaller niche for a website. Something specialized with minimal competition. Then you need to give users a reason to come back. Then you need to find companies who have products that are of interest to said users. Then you need to ask these companies if they would like to advertise on your website. They pay a monthly flat fee, regardless of clicks. But obviously you need to keep your hits up.

Old 09-03-2015, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainBiking View Post
In terms of sites like Etsy I think selling things there is hard because everyone is doing it. Everyone's products look the same, too, because the site is getting bigger. The more passive income articles there are the more people that get on those sites and saturate it.

I would rather sell crafts from the back of my truck on weekends or at a flea market for Cold. Hard. Cash.

We make a little extra cash every year from Etsy. Its not a ton, maybe $500 for the year we usually put toward fun. But we hardly try. My wife every now and then will get in a crafty mood and go to a local antique shop or garage sale and find a cheap little piece of old furniture for like $5. She'll paint it white or teal or something and call it shabby chic. She found a little 2 drawer nightstand for $5 last year, she painted it white and put it on etsy for $100.. it sold

Old 09-03-2015, 10:47 AM

4,453 posts, read 6,797,101 times
An investment of time is not passive income.

Old 09-03-2015, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelopez2 View Post
An investment of time is not passive income.

Well you have to put some type of time in up front and hope it continues to pay after

Old 09-03-2015, 10:57 AM

4,453 posts, read 6,797,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericp501 View Post
Well you have to put some type of time in up front and hope it continues to pay after
You can spend time making money or waste time hoping to make money. If you make money you can invest it to make passive income . The OP doesn't want to make an investment.

Old 09-04-2015, 11:26 PM

10,075 posts, read 7,535,950 times
Outside of stock investments, I use some ptc sites, get about $50-100/month depending out how active my referrals are. I buy them in bundles, some times I get a bad groups, others are good. I haven't lost money let, some times I just break even though.

Did it in college and just kept it up but more into stocks now
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Business