Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Business
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-30-2016, 04:58 PM

2,201 posts, read 1,876,001 times

Advertisements

Well Bremerton and Seattle are about to become the next Detroit. Boeing announced a major cost
cutting move that sends 8000 employees to Hardee's, McDonalds, Sam's Club and Maggie's Cleaning
Service. $8.25 - $12.50 Hey! $12.50 who do THEY know!!??? It appears sales of Airbus out of France,
UK, Germany and now a line in Alabama has put a strain on Boeing orders. No one in the known universe has the expertise than Boeing some of their fleet still flying after renovation from the 60's!!! Seriously, I pray this isn't a trend that transcends to other industries. It's great for Mr. Obama having more middle class living in row housing and eating pigs feet!! They could head for Mexico and work
in Encinada ,but make sure to register your immigration status.

Last edited by openmike; 03-30-2016 at 05:12 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2016, 05:32 PM

2,420 posts, read 3,849,216 times
Not only does Boeing have competition with Airbus and other aircraft manufacturers the global economy is slowing down. China's sluggish economy alone is affecting many industries. FWIW, Iran is going to be an aviation hotbed when their economy opens up to the world. Their airplanes are antiquated and they will place orders to Boeing and others. When will this happen? I don't know.

It's a shame that that many people at Boeing are getting laid off. These people have mortgages and other expenses. Hopefully with their skills most can find employment elsewhere or even start a small business.

I think you meant Ensenada. I have a few retired uncles that have beach houses there with stunning views to the ocean. Gorgeous.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Business