Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Business
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2007, 11:09 PM

4 posts, read 22,427 times

Advertisements

BigSprinter I will agree with what you said. For many this is OK and as long as wheels are turning everything is great.

For me I do not do PPL full time and If I did I would'nt give 40 hours a week. I use ppl as a supplement income. I have an after life beyond work. I meet many different folk throughout a month.

I have found that if I speak or should I say listen to the folk I meet that they will always mention something that PPL can benefit them. This is when I provide some info and nothing more. Some buy, some don't. I just don't push it on them. If the conversation doesn't go in the direction to promote PPL I do not push it. To sum it up I really do not think about PPL during my day. The people I talk to remind me and I give them some info.

Old 05-18-2007, 11:29 AM

1 posts, read 5,124 times
I had a job before. Earning enough money doing Ameriplan, from home. My husband and I saved a lot of money using the services. The company is expanding. I have checked out Prepaid Legal. Good company, good product. But I find Ameriplan to be better. You may contact me for more details.

Old 05-23-2007, 12:35 AM

44 posts, read 236,021 times
I just joined a company called SendOutCards. We market all occasion greeting cards, both personal and business. You might want to check it out. Contact me if you're interested. I can set you up with a demo and 2 free cards.

Old 05-23-2007, 08:11 AM

4,416 posts, read 9,137,694 times
A lot of professional wrestlers are involved or were involved with Prepaid. I went to a meeting conducted by none other than Nikita Koloff (Steve Simpson). It sounded too good to be true and a short time later I read some news articles about pre-paid getting in trouble for false advertising. A couple years ago I was in the lockeroom with a bunch of wrestlers and I brought up pre-paid legal. Two guys started laughing and the one guy said, "it really turned out to be a bunch of b-----!" Apparantley the big name guys stayed in and made some money but most other people had little success and ended up quitting.

Old 05-25-2007, 07:53 AM

2,336 posts, read 7,028,358 times
When I graduated college in 2004, the job market was in the crapper. I posted my resume on Monster, and the first call I got was from a Pre-Paid Legal recruiter. He went on and on about how PPL is a "NYSE company," as if that means anything. When I asked about salary he told me that "we'll go over all that during the interview." He gave vague responses to pretty much all of my questions and set me up for an interview the following day.

Needless to say, as soon as I hung up the phone I went online and researched the company, discovering that I was not being offered a "job" or a "career" but a spot on a pyramid. That should have been the first thing he told me over the telephone.

I understand that MLMs and network marketing schemes can be profitable if executed correctly, but I was extremely irked that this recruiter contacted me from a job board and tried to pass off the scheme as a legitimate job opportunity.

What is more disturbing is that this company appears to seek out recent graduates who generally have very tenuous financial situations and are willing to do just about anything for a paycheck.

Old 05-25-2007, 11:46 AM

16,225 posts, read 27,423,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSprinter View Post
You can make money with PPL, but only if you sell your soul to the business.

They try to tell you to "build the business in your spare-time" and "build time freedom to spend with your family" but in all reality, like any other business you have to be committed to it 24/7 to keep it afloat. Or even to watch it sink, for that matter.

And get ready for sitting through endless hours and hours and hours and hours of Rah-Rah meetings, conference calls, conventions, luncheons, trainings, etc. that eat up your free time faster than Oprah does doughnuts. Need a break this weekend to recover? Sorry, there's a "Super Saturday" that you MUST be at if you're SERIOUS about YOUR business. And you have to be "on call" to answer questions from your "downline" pretty much 24/7. Oh, not to mention that you have to treat each and every person you meet as a "prospect".

I know some folks that have mades some money in PPL, but most quit at some point because it's so exausting and you sacrifice so much for so little in return. I know I got to the point where I got physically sick at the thought of sitting through even one more "briefing". Just thinking about those "hotel meetings" makes me want to puke right now.

If you are really, truly, committed to it, it might work, but don't buy the BS that they sell that you can build the business in your free time. It's much, much more involved than that if you want to make any money beyond your first 3-4 memberships.
Wow, this is starting to sound a lot like Herbalife or any other MLM scam. Selling Mary Kay or Avon would probably be as profitable

Old 05-27-2007, 10:53 AM

1 posts, read 5,085 times
Hello,
I just signed up as an IBO with Ameriplan two days ago and I just read all the bad reports on them. Now I'm very weary of it and I'm going to cancel my memberships. Do you know of any home businesses where the start up cost is free?

Old 06-20-2007, 06:56 AM

1 posts, read 4,980 times
Default Links for work at home?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torn2pieces View Post
ncbound - If you're looking for anything else to do at home, I'd be glad to give you some links, sites, etc that will perhaps help you. I know many who work from home.......
I am new to City-Data, and just read this reply by you. Although it was a long time ago, do you still have links and info for working at home? I am looking for a work at home situation that is legitimate - not cold calling work. My experience is in word processing and database entry.
Thank you.

Old 06-20-2007, 07:29 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,112,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
Wow, this is starting to sound a lot like Herbalife or any other MLM scam. Selling Mary Kay or Avon would probably be as profitable
I find it funny that everyone that posted how "wonderful this company is" only have 1 post. Its almost as if a "ppl email" went out to go to CD and post how wonderful it is.
But again isn't getting people to sign up with them part of it? I guess thats why eveyone ended their post with "contact me for more info" Doesn't that sort of bend the "no advertising" TOS rules here on CD?????

Old 06-20-2007, 12:34 PM

1,341 posts, read 4,906,658 times
Just as a general note, I think with MLM or Network marketing companies..you have to have alot of support..that is crucial..meaning initially you have to know that family members and friends that will help you out, sign up..even if its under obligation.....because your referalls and downline really will build out from there. I researched so many things...but didnt go with ANY. Because I knew that my friends were going to say NO and I dont have a big enough family to buy into it. I know this because each one have them have tried something and I said NO..LOL.

What I would suggest is find your passion...and there are many websites that allow you to freelance your skills.

Outsourcing to Freelance Programmers, Web & Logo Designers, Writers, Illustrators on Elance
Guru.com - The world's largest online marketplace for freelance talent.
Freelance Jobs Contract Consulting Projects | Sologig

Some of these sights are looking for freelancers and something may up your alley.

BTW. I have a IT consulting business..its getting off the ground..but I knew that it was my passion and I would be good at it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Business