Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Business
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2017, 08:10 PM

Location: In my cat's house, until she finds a better human servant
372 posts, read 390,027 times

Advertisements

I loved Uber when it first became available in my city. Having health problems and multiple surgeries it was so much better than cabs. The cars were clean, the drivers friendly and competent. The fare was reasonable. Awesome.

Fast forward to today and hundreds of rides later. Frequently get filthy cars, bad drivers, unkempt drivers. Drivers who can't navigate even with gps. App directs drivers to wrong place even after it showed the correct pin/address at the start.

But I still used Uber, while gravitating more to Lyft. Lyft has provided the customer service I used to see with Uber and I am happy to tip in the app because of that.

Now, today, I broke up with Uber. I'll keep the app live in case I have an emergency but this new policy of charging if the rider is two minutes late is the straw that broke the camels back. I am respectful of drivers, I have never kept one waiting. But the opposite is often the case and I frequently get a 'Uber has arrived' alert when they are no where near me. That's not my fault and I'm not risking a fee due to poor gps or whatever. I've also had new drivers realize they forgot to start the trip, so I guess I get to pay more for that too.

So no thanks Uber, you may not miss me but I won't miss you either.
/rant
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2017, 08:28 AM

26,191 posts, read 21,565,123 times
Strange I've never been in a filthy or unkept Uber car and I've used them a fair amount

Old 07-10-2017, 09:45 AM

Location: In my cat's house, until she finds a better human servant
372 posts, read 390,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowexpectations View Post
Strange I've never been in a filthy or unkept Uber car and I've used them a fair amount
Neither had i until recently, I don't know what happened to quality control. I had one older car that smelled so strongly of long-term chain smoking I was shocked they approved it. Also cars with trash on the floor and sticky interior. I've taken many hundreds of rides since they arrived in my city. I was one of their biggest cheer leaders telling people how awesome the service was.

I did get a canned response from Uber when I expressed my concerns about the new policy. I sent a reply thanking them for returning my message but that they hadn't addressed my concerns. Got another canned response with a completely different topic. I didn't bother to reply.

Old 07-21-2017, 12:58 PM

3,348 posts, read 1,234,951 times
What a silly post. they absolutely should charge people who keep driver's waiting. i'm not a driver but always make sure to be waiting for them. their time is valuable.

if lots of riders weren't scum they wouldn't have to do this- but lots are. they'll keep a driver waiting for 5 mins, take some short ride tip them nothing and sometimes even want to make stops along the way. they ruin it for everyone.

and by emailing uber do you really expect them to say "you know what you're right- we're going to reverse this policy immediately"?

You really just sound like a very annoying customer.

Old 08-08-2017, 07:05 PM

3 posts, read 2,683 times
Well, everyone's experience with Uber varies, Driver and Rider alike. They have to accommodate the drivers for their time and gas spent to arrive at the riders' location, just to have them be a no-show. I'm assuming this has happened so many times, that it has become an issue that Uber deems worthy of acting on. Blame the selfish & moronic riders.

Old 08-09-2017, 02:37 AM

106,557 posts, read 108,696,306 times
we have had so many issues just signing up for uber that i gave up with them .

their digitally finger printing phones creates all kinds of havoc at times and they have no one who can fix things .

it has been 2 months and i still can't create an account because our account was hacked and as many times as they delete the old account the digital finger print they leave will not allow another account to be opened under the same number

Old 08-09-2017, 03:25 AM

903 posts, read 862,178 times
The customer gets what they deserve. On the bright side, instead of raising the rate for all customers, Uber has only raised it on customers that can't be curbside on time.

Old 08-11-2017, 05:45 AM

1,562 posts, read 1,490,875 times
I see nothing wrong with assessing a fee for keeping a driver waiting, but shouldn't the reverse apply as well? If a driver is 2 minutes late, does the passenger receive a discount?

Old 08-11-2017, 05:52 AM

44,254 posts, read 64,328,014 times
There was one time I could have really used Uber, but then I found out that the drivers don't know where you're going until they come to pick you up and they can deny you the ride.

So that's not much of a time saver if you have to go through a bunch of drivers to get where you're going.

Old 08-11-2017, 05:55 AM

106,557 posts, read 108,696,306 times
we used uber for the first time in charleston . we took it 20 miles to a plantation .it was pretty reasonable.

when we went to go back to the hotel we tried to get an uber and there was nothing in the area.

the hotel had to get us a cab for 2x the price .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Business