Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Business
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-12-2017, 10:50 AM

4,003 posts, read 6,071,678 times

Advertisements

I see a lot of talk about passive income on this forum so figured this may be of interest to some of you.

If anyone isn't familiar with the concept of affiliate marketing, you join an affiliate program or an affiliate network which is comprised of many programs and you promote a product or business or service. For example a popular affiliate program is the Amazon Associates program. Someone for example can do a Youtube review of a product, link to said product, and anyone who clicks the link and buys, the affiliate earns a commission. So that's affiliate marketing in a nutshell.

One thing I'd like to comment on in terms of the "passive income" aspect. Passive income doesn't mean no work, it means seperating your time from your earnings. An affiliate marketer will spend a ton of time initially early on getting a site or blog setup, creating content, etc, however after that initial burst of effort that content will stay on the internet for eternity continuing to earn money.

For me personally when I'm searching for affiliate programs or networks I like good products/services that people actually want and are easy to sell. I like high commissions ie Amazon's 4% commission doesn't excite me, I want 30% or more. I also like recurring commissions meaning for something like a VPN service that someone pays $26 per month for. If I get someone to signup I get $5 for the initial signup, plus 30% of that $26 every month for as long as they stay with the company.

Anyhow, the affiliate network I discovered is called RunCPA. I'ts a blockchain based affiliate network and they pay out in Bitcoins. One cool thing is it's pretty anonymous, all you need is a Bitcoin address and an e-mail so they aren't going to 1099 you at the end of the year.

This is hardly the only program of it's kind out there. YOu have Amazon affiliate program, eBay Partner Network, CJ or Commission Junction which similar to RunCPA is a network of many programs but this particular program RunCPA is of particular interest to me since I"m into Bitcoin right now.

Figured some of you may enjoy hearing about it.

Last edited by vter; 09-14-2017 at 06:54 AM.. Reason: don't post your affiliate link!

Old 09-13-2017, 06:36 PM

10,498 posts, read 6,967,754 times
Thanks.

Now that you're done with that, tell us all about Dutch tulips next.

Old 09-15-2017, 06:24 PM

1,715 posts, read 2,285,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doodlemagic View Post
I see a lot of talk about passive income on this forum so figured this may be of interest to some of you.

If anyone isn't familiar with the concept of affiliate marketing, you join an affiliate program or an affiliate network which is comprised of many programs and you promote a product or business or service. For example a popular affiliate program is the Amazon Associates program. Someone for example can do a Youtube review of a product, link to said product, and anyone who clicks the link and buys, the affiliate earns a commission. So that's affiliate marketing in a nutshell.

One thing I'd like to comment on in terms of the "passive income" aspect. Passive income doesn't mean no work, it means seperating your time from your earnings. An affiliate marketer will spend a ton of time initially early on getting a site or blog setup, creating content, etc, however after that initial burst of effort that content will stay on the internet for eternity continuing to earn money.

For me personally when I'm searching for affiliate programs or networks I like good products/services that people actually want and are easy to sell. I like high commissions ie Amazon's 4% commission doesn't excite me, I want 30% or more. I also like recurring commissions meaning for something like a VPN service that someone pays $26 per month for. If I get someone to signup I get $5 for the initial signup, plus 30% of that $26 every month for as long as they stay with the company.

Anyhow, the affiliate network I discovered is called RunCPA. I'ts a blockchain based affiliate network and they pay out in Bitcoins. One cool thing is it's pretty anonymous, all you need is a Bitcoin address and an e-mail so they aren't going to 1099 you at the end of the year.

This is hardly the only program of it's kind out there. YOu have Amazon affiliate program, eBay Partner Network, CJ or Commission Junction which similar to RunCPA is a network of many programs but this particular program RunCPA is of particular interest to me since I"m into Bitcoin right now.

Figured some of you may enjoy hearing about it.
Oh no, why did you do that. This is not the channel for this kind of stuff..you are better off posting videos on youtube...

Old 09-18-2017, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasTony View Post
Oh no, why did you do that. This is not the channel for this kind of stuff..you are better off posting videos on youtube...
WHat is this platform for? You realize that CouponCabin, RetailMeNot, BuzzFeed are all affiliate marketers right? Pretty much any content based website or major social media presence is an affiliate marketer right? Is that not a business?

Old 09-18-2017, 10:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinivanDriver View Post
Thanks.

Now that you're done with that, tell us all about Dutch tulips next.
That's clever, throw the beanie babie reference out there next? I'm taking my "fake internet money" all the way to the bank.

Old 09-18-2017, 04:20 PM

106,077 posts, read 108,054,666 times
come on ,that is no way to treat a Nigerian prince .

Old 09-19-2017, 10:42 AM

10,498 posts, read 6,967,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mathjak107 View Post
come on ,that is no way to treat a Nigerian prince .
Well, serves him right since he's no longer offering to deposit millions into my bank account.

Old 09-19-2017, 11:06 AM

11,230 posts, read 9,221,086 times
You know, when we want infomercials, we stay up late and watch the high-numbered TV channels.

Old 09-20-2017, 02:35 PM

31,771 posts, read 40,545,884 times
maybe i am ignorant but the fact that you go to the homepage and its marketed as an affiliate network and not a product/service seems sketchy to me. a visit to the page leaves a lot more questions than answers.

Old 09-21-2017, 09:53 AM

11,230 posts, read 9,221,086 times
Moderator!

Moderator!

Right up top it says "No spam, no advertising - don't even think about it"

Are you going to nuke this spam thread, or not?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Business