Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Business
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2018, 09:33 PM

13,131 posts, read 20,968,136 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggcd951 View Post
One more question, do you normally need to hold business license to rent any of these? I am currently employed but considering to setup side business preferably without quitting, obviously there are certain issues i.e. conflict of interest, and available BW etc.,
Thanks.,
Usually, you do not need a "business license" to rent commercial or industrial space. Renting is renting. The main factor will be proving you have the means to afford the entire lease and ancillary cost of renting the property. So, with your prior years personal fiances, can you show you are capable of paying the rent all on your own without income form the business (as the business does not yet have income to use)?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2018, 10:48 PM

9,848 posts, read 7,712,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw335xi View Post
If it takes you 3-5 years to get a business going, you are not doing a good job and shouldn't be there.
The OP hasn't even started this side business yet. So yes, if he wanted to lease space from me, I'd want to see proof that he had enough cash now to cover the 3-5 year lease.

Old 01-23-2018, 07:10 AM

10,501 posts, read 7,028,320 times
Quote:
I am looking around for warehouse or industrial sites to start small business and found loopnet.com has lot of listing. From my RE experience, RE agents for private residence are very eager to help you out to push the sales. But on loopnet.com, yes the agensts are listed next to biz properties being leased and I wrote 5-6 of them regarding interested sites. But most of them has not bothered to respond for several days and 1-2 of them got back but then disappeared when I ask further questions.

Is it how the biz properties or am I approaching the wrong way? Perhaps they are fielding so many inquiries they are too busy to deal with add'l inquiries?
You're approaching the wrong way.

If you want warehouse or industrial space, go find a reputable commercial realtor who specializes in industrial and will act as the buyer's agent. Either that or they're reading your initial inquiry and think you're wasting their time.

Old 01-24-2018, 10:23 AM

926 posts, read 978,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaraG View Post
The OP hasn't even started this side business yet. So yes, if he wanted to lease space from me, I'd want to see proof that he had enough cash now to cover the 3-5 year lease.
you mean 3 years of rental? Is that it?

Old 01-24-2018, 06:41 PM

9,848 posts, read 7,712,566 times
Quote:
you mean 3 years of rental? Is that it?
Like Rabrrita said above, the rental cost plus all the additional required expenses, utilities, insurance, etc.

Plus you need money to fund your start up expenses. Do you have a business plan?

Old 01-25-2018, 05:08 PM

926 posts, read 978,405 times
is there a known review sites for biz rentals? When disclosing one's financial info, the question will also linger the renters reputability comes into play. As well as safety and reliability and overall quality of rental space. For retail consumers there are many sites.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Business