Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Business
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-02-2018, 06:00 AM

7,759 posts, read 3,881,284 times

Advertisements

You get what you pay for.

As another poster mentioned quick solutions generally don't last. Google algorithm updates punish sites that use janky templates or service providers.

Click funnels can't be used as a standalone to make your website. Wordpress templates are what you need if you want to have "good enough" and save money and potentially DYI (If you have 100 hours to spare) The number of pages don't matter. You have to think about functionality requirements and whether or not the site should be essentially helping you make money as an extension of sales instead of just an FAQ center.

Even if most of your business value is services and face to face the site should be adding value to the consumer and not just simply sitting as an information repository.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2018, 04:38 PM

4,003 posts, read 6,096,237 times
If you're in ecommerce or something along those lines it may make sense and I really stress may. That said it is geared more towards landing pages and spammy affiliate stuff. Honestly personally I get really turned off by clickfunnel style website, to me it just screams scammy spammy online course or affiliate program but I'm in the industry so maybe I'm more critical of the design.

That said Wordpress is like $3.95 a month for hosting, click funnels is something like $250 a month and when you decide to stop paying if you ever do you now have to go setup a new website. Unless your selling a digital product or doing affiliate marketing I'd avoid clickfunnels.

Old 08-08-2018, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lostsoul359 View Post
Where does a Small Business Owner FIND anyone competent to Hire to FIX and evolve an already profitable Ecommerce?

Linked in?

Fivrrr?

I have tried Craigslist already. I have been trying to Hire a qualified Individual or Company to Fix website issues for 1 year, with one AmEx dispute for 5K that I won regarding ecommerce upgrades.

What platform are you currently operating on? I find local companies rape you, I sometimes have a hard time finding someoen to build a basic ecom site for less than 15k or 20k which is insane. I've also used Indian companies who build the same thing for $2300, only downside is a bit of a language barrier and all my calls have to be at 1am

Old 08-08-2018, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tencent View Post
You get what you pay for.

As another poster mentioned quick solutions generally don't last. Google algorithm updates punish sites that use janky templates or service providers.

Click funnels can't be used as a standalone to make your website. Wordpress templates are what you need if you want to have "good enough" and save money and potentially DYI (If you have 100 hours to spare) The number of pages don't matter. You have to think about functionality requirements and whether or not the site should be essentially helping you make money as an extension of sales instead of just an FAQ center.

Even if most of your business value is services and face to face the site should be adding value to the consumer and not just simply sitting as an information repository.
Not sure if your a web designer trying to justify your price but it does not take 100 hours to throw together a basic Wordpress site for a company

Old 08-29-2018, 05:00 AM

31 posts, read 24,512 times
I thinks wordpress is best as a blog and clickfunnel is best for e-commerce sales tracking

Old 09-05-2018, 07:12 AM

733 posts, read 759,747 times
Personally, I'd avoid 'clickfunnels'. I just checked it out, and looks like you'd be locked into something way to specific, niche and limiting.

Go with Wordpress. It's highly portable, you can host anywhere, there are tons of developers out there, and plenty of additional info if you every want to DIY tweaks.

Should not be hard to hire a pro to give you a real Wordpress site. I'd think you could get a basic site set up for under $1000, though depending on your business $3-5000 would not be unreasonable for graphics, photos, good SEO setup, etc.

A 20-page website sounds excessive, unless your business has tons of technical info to offer. Note that most consumers will not click more than about 3 pages on your website, so be sure you are really thinking through the basic information people want, and don't overload them. But obviously if you offer 10+ different services or products, you might want a page for each.

And regarding "Wordpress is best as a blog", that is false. Wordpress is great as a blog. But it also is great for a full-blown website, as tons of companies around the world base their entire corporate website on a Wordpress platform. Plenty of ecommerce plugins available for WP.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Business