Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Business
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2018, 05:22 AM

5 posts, read 5,265 times

Advertisements

According to me, you get the success with Multi-Level Marketing (MLM) Business. I have a few ideas if you follow these steps to apply your business strategy:

1. Catch up on the Realities of MLMs.

2. Discover a Company With A Product You Love.

3. Try not to Barrage Your Friends and Family.

4. Recognize Your Target Market.

5. Attempt to Share Your Product//Business Plan every day.

Multi-Level Marketing (MLM), additionally called pyramid offering, arrange promoting, and referral showcasing, is a promoting system for the offer of items or administrations where the income of the MLM organization is gotten from a non-salaried workforce offering the organization's items/administrations, while the profit of the members.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2018, 01:26 PM

8,005 posts, read 7,214,784 times
Product is secondary to every MLM. The reverse funnel money flow is always primary. There is not a single MLM product that is better than what's available through usual distribution channels at lower prices regardless the claims to the contrary from the huns.

Old 10-28-2018, 06:18 PM

13,005 posts, read 18,899,548 times
Only if you are at the top, maybe up to two levels down can still make money.

Old 10-31-2018, 10:37 AM

740 posts, read 456,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pvande55 View Post
Only if you are at the top, maybe up to two levels down can still make money.

Not true. My wife and I declined to join a MLM that her relatives introduced to us. Out of the 9 relatives that joined that MLM company, 3 of them are making some serious money. More money than their old jobs. The 3 that are successful, their prior income was in the $80K-$125K. So, it wasn't like it was chump change. And this company has been around for 25 plus years now so there was no way they started at the top.

It's true that not every single person can make money but the ones that have the drive and connection, it can happen no matter where or when they starts. The three that were successful happens to be the most educated and most connected. In sales, the more connected you are and if you play your cards correctly, you can make a lot of money. It's all about connections.

Old 11-02-2018, 05:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikefong123 View Post
Not true. My wife and I declined to join a MLM that her relatives introduced to us. Out of the 9 relatives that joined that MLM company, 3 of them are making some serious money. More money than their old jobs. The 3 that are successful, their prior income was in the $80K-$125K. So, it wasn't like it was chump change. And this company has been around for 25 plus years now so there was no way they started at the top.

It's true that not every single person can make money but the ones that have the drive and connection, it can happen no matter where or when they starts. The three that were successful happens to be the most educated and most connected. In sales, the more connected you are and if you play your cards correctly, you can make a lot of money. It's all about connections.

Care to share the name of the company and actual income after expenses?

Old 11-03-2018, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1insider View Post
Care to share the name of the company and actual income after expenses?

I won't disclose the company because it really doesn't matter and I'm not a fan of the company. I don't want to promote it anymore than it is. When you think of MLM, this company is one of the top company.

The cousin that I spoke with was a district sales manager in her previous job so I knew she made around or above $100K a year. When we spoke during her attempt to recruit me, she confirmed that she made $125K at her old job and now surpasses that income. She didn't tell me the actual amount of money she actually makes but she did told me her sales number. Since I'm in sales and I know how commissions work, it seems truthful.

Plus, her husband was able to quit his job and stop working. And 8 months or 9 months later, my sister in law went to visit them and they bought a brand new home twice the size of their old one. So I believe that she surpasses her old income by a long shot to be able to retired her husband and bought another house twice the size of the old one.

Old 11-04-2018, 05:49 AM

Did the other 6 relatives lose money? If so, why?

Old 11-04-2018, 06:48 AM

4,149 posts, read 3,902,997 times
MLM=Most Lose Money

Old 11-04-2018, 06:50 AM

8,085 posts, read 5,245,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasperhobbs View Post
MLM=Most Lose Money
Lol. +1.

Old 11-05-2018, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1insider View Post
Did the other 6 relatives lose money? If so, why?

Being self employ and in sales for many years, I was not surprise by the outcome between the relatives that did well vs the ones that did poorly.

Yes, the other 6 lost money and/or did not make any money. Honestly, the 6 other relatives had no business doing it. They had no transferable skills whatsoever to even go into this business in the first place. All 6 of them were uneducated factory workers. It is true that not everyone needs a college degree to be successful but the odds do favor those that are educated. I, myself would never hire these 6 relatives to sell for my company.

The three relatives that are doing well were educated, outgoing, well connected. A lot of people knew them and they knew other people who were important to their success. Hard work plays into it as well. In the beginning, the three relatives that are successful, they work full time on their MLM business on top of their 9-5 job. Most people can not commit to working 80+ hours a week.

With that said, these are just the people that my wife and I know. I'm sure there were countless other team members in their network that joined and failed as well which were never discussed because my wife and I don't know those other people.

Last edited by mikefong123; 11-05-2018 at 12:18 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Business