U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Business
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-18-2008, 10:04 PM

2,884 posts, read 5,359,418 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by metropolistraffic View Post
Thinking about it.. How long is a retailer suppose to last?
It's only so long can they keep up with the latest trends, or get taken over by a better one down the road.

and, besides. 5-10 years is awesome. and a long time.
i'd cry if i had to own a store for longer than that. XD
With the money that goes into it, management, stockholders, the distribution built up, the advertising....all to last for a few years or flame out early. Depends on what your goals are, but I imagine alot of the owners/stakeholders in failed chains thought they'd last longer.

Small mom and pop, 5-10 years might be great. But its a fairly small amount of time.

I've eaten at Carls Jr alot, I'm not sure what other states they're in besides California. In Chicago, their version of Carls Jr was Hardees...the same management?

Decent food, they do ok in California. Maybe 2nd or 3rd place. Jack in the Box and McDonalds do well. Per store, In-n-out probably does just as well (and they dont advertise as much as McDonalds or the big chains).
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2008, 08:26 AM

25,106 posts, read 36,280,024 times
To see a true American success story in retailing, one only has to look to Nordstroms.

Their success is tied directly to their customer service model.

Old 04-19-2008, 06:18 PM

531 posts, read 1,626,704 times
I don't eat fast food very often,but I was impressed by Sonic (We recently got one in my area). The workers are polite ,the food is tasty (for fast food),and the service was good. Only downside--they are a bit more expensive than McDonald's,Burger King,etc. I've never seen a Carl's Jr. I don't think Carl's Jr. or Jack-in-the-Box are in the Eastern half of the country.

Old 04-19-2008, 10:18 PM

1,440 posts, read 3,909,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by appalachiangirl View Post
I don't think Carl's Jr. or Jack-in-the-Box are in the Eastern half of the country.
I did run into a J-I-T-B in Ocean City Maryland ages ago. Only one I've ever seen in the East but there must have been more. A memory I'l never forget, a place I dubbed the home of the "Big Constipatty Burger".

Old 04-20-2008, 12:07 AM

4,552 posts, read 13,852,462 times
McDonalds is getting a lil more expensive but Im sure they are just keeping up with the times,but there food isnt all that good,We Have Carls Jr in Albuquerque,NM and we are getting a few Jack in the Box's by the end of the year,but I would still chose our local chain Blakes Lotaburgers over any of them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Business
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or