Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Business
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-18-2020, 12:55 PM

9,850 posts, read 7,718,719 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwalk65 View Post
I received mine (PPP) as well on 5/8/2020 deposited into my bank account. I applied for it on April 10th.

My biggest issue is that the 8 weeks of PPP won't even begin to cover the losses as being in the state of Washington I can't even see a light at the end of the tunnel for most small businesses to start back.

Has anyone received an update or received the EDIL loan. I have an updated email from the SBA. My application number is 3600218198. I applied for it I believe around April 10th.

Karen
There are threads on Reddit relating specifically to the EIDL loans and people are posting app #'s and dates when given a portal and when funded. Right now it looks like they are up to 3/31 apps, mine is 4/2 and who knows, it may take a month to get to my group because the volume of businesses that applied.

Best of luck to you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2020, 04:11 PM

656 posts, read 1,990,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaraG View Post
There are threads on Reddit relating specifically to the EIDL loans and people are posting app #'s and dates when given a portal and when funded. Right now it looks like they are up to 3/31 apps, mine is 4/2 and who knows, it may take a month to get to my group because the volume of businesses that applied.

Best of luck to you.
Today I received an email to create an account on the SBA portal for the EIDL. I logged in and it requested that I verified my identity and confirmed the amount of the loan. It accepted it and now it says "Application processing".

My application number is 3600...which I applied for around 4/10.

My best to you as well...such a hard process with an unimaginable amount of patience required.

Last edited by kwalk65; 05-18-2020 at 05:23 PM..

Old 05-19-2020, 06:22 AM

9,850 posts, read 7,718,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwalk65 View Post
Today I received an email to create an account on the SBA portal for the EIDL. I logged in and it requested that I verified my identity and confirmed the amount of the loan. It accepted it and now it says "Application processing".

My application number is 3600...which I applied for around 4/10.

My best to you as well...such a hard process with an unimaginable amount of patience required.
Very good! From what people are guessing, the 3600 apps are west coast and 3300 are east coast offices.

Last edited by KaraG; 05-19-2020 at 06:33 AM..

Old 05-21-2020, 06:24 AM

5,214 posts, read 4,017,586 times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-DT7bX-B1Mg

Old 05-22-2020, 12:12 AM

2,450 posts, read 972,058 times
On May 21st I received two emails fro the SBA dated APRIL 28TH denying both loan applications. The letter says we did not sustain enough economic hardship. One business has been completely shut down since March 16th and is tied into phase 4 opening of NYC. My other business has sustained a 40% decline in revenue since this began. Why these letters are dated Apri 28th is beyond me. I have been waiting in vain for almost a month continuously bleeding cash.

Old 05-22-2020, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer Time View Post
On May 21st I received two emails fro the SBA dated APRIL 28TH denying both loan applications. The letter says we did not sustain enough economic hardship. One business has been completely shut down since March 16th and is tied into phase 4 opening of NYC. My other business has sustained a 40% decline in revenue since this began. Why these letters are dated Apri 28th is beyond me. I have been waiting in vain for almost a month continuously bleeding cash.
I am sorry this is happening to you. I know you can appeal this and I certainly would.

Old 05-22-2020, 11:10 AM

I received my SBA EDIL loan docs to sign this morning of which I just did. I accepted the loan which is just over 100k.
If I knew my business would be back to normal in a few months I am not sure I would have accepted the loan, but since I don't I felt that it was necessary to move forward on securing the loan.

So, for those of you still waiting I want to give you some hope that the SBA loan did come through for me. Now, hopefully I will see those funds deposited into my bank account in the near future.

Old 05-23-2020, 09:11 AM

2,095 posts, read 1,557,305 times
Got my ppp loan. Seems like the online lending sites are way quicker than the standard large banks and regional banks. My PPP got approved and paid within 1 week of applying, which was early May. I had to apply super late because I wasn't done calculating my 2019 business tax return information.

Old 05-23-2020, 07:54 PM

6,260 posts, read 5,067,669 times
I live and own a sole proprietorship in Small Town WY. I am the only employee. Went to the bank my business account is tied to and they said they could not help me, and to apply online via the SBA site (even though I had already told them I did not have a secure internet line and did not do important business - banking, bill paying, credit card purchasing etc online).

Went to a second bank where I had a personal account. Had to open a business account with that bank in order to apply for the PPP. Applied on the Monday and received money in the account on Thursday of the same week. Lobby to the bank was completely closed so did everything via multiple phone calls and multiple trips through the bank drive-thru.

It will pay one months rent and provide one months salary to me. I'll take it. In the meantime, my business recently reopened and is (thankfully) picking up where it left off. I was afraid that all of my customers would move on during the time we were closed. Realize now that (at least in my area) nobody moved on - everyone just put their lives on hold.

Old 05-27-2020, 05:01 AM

35,016 posts, read 16,978,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by juneaubound View Post
IIt will pay one months rent and provide one months salary to me. I'll take it. In the meantime, my business recently reopened and is (thankfully) picking up where it left off. I was afraid that all of my customers would move on during the time we were closed. Realize now that (at least in my area) nobody moved on - everyone just put their lives on hold.
PPP was flawed but valuable. I suspect the bolded is largely true.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Business