U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Business
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-17-2020, 03:21 PM

8,350 posts, read 7,510,517 times

Advertisements

Have retail/commercial bank shut down activities amidst Covid-19?

What is like in your area? In Flushing NYC, which is perhaps the epicenter of Covid-19 in NYC the banks are not open? Only the ATMs are available.

But I am trying to send emails to my bankers because I still looking to do some business. But they are not answering me back. What the heck is going on?

Is anyone able to contact their bankers? I am afraid they are ignoring me because they dont want me as a customer anymore.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2020, 03:26 PM

23,371 posts, read 16,089,743 times
Just call your bank's "banking by telephone" number or go online to find out what's up.

Most banks in NYC have temporarily closed branches and have only limited hours for those that remain open. Some banks are requiring people make an appointment for those branches still open. Nearly all are reserving first hour or so after they open for seniors, disabled, etc....

Banks are stressing customers do as much banking by ATM, online or app instead of person to person for obvious reasons. Staffing is minimum (as it should be during this crisis), and given the close face to face time some banking transactions require this is a smart move.

If you go to your normal branch there should be notice in windows telling what is going on.

My bank has only three branches open for all of Manhattan, waited in line for > on Tuesday to make a large cash deposit because don't trust ATMs for those transactions.

This isn't rocket science.....

Old 04-18-2020, 03:29 PM

80,224 posts, read 78,578,216 times
Here in bayside queens banks are open ..we have 5 right in one shopping center and all are open..they eliminated saturdays at some and limited hours

Old 04-18-2020, 11:27 PM

8,350 posts, read 7,510,517 times
I am somewhat far along a certain process. I was in contact with certain individuals at the bank in person, by phone and via email. I am not hearing back from these particular individuals anymore.

Calling bank phone number only gives you the automated prompts, and lets me dial the same extension I have already been using. Customer service can only direct to the individuals I have already been talking to.

I just want to know if anyone else has same experience. Email, and phone is still viable method to communicate. At least these individual can give me a heads up.

Old 04-20-2020, 10:36 PM

10,538 posts, read 14,035,851 times
I have a personal account at my former company's commercial bank. They have reduced lobby hours and restricted the types of transaction they will process in the lobby. Some transaction are to be done at the ATM, others only through the drive through. Commercial customers are also limited in the types of activities conducted without advance notice. But the biggest change due to Covid-19 is the removal of the candy bowls and coffee machine!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Business
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or