U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Business
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-18-2020, 02:08 PM

403 posts, read 246,734 times

Advertisements

As title says, I'm just interested in hearing from those who launched a business in e-commerce. How was your journey and if you have any advice?

I recently decided to get into e-commerce. I have always loved the idea, and figured that now would be the best time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2020, 10:39 AM

98 posts, read 12,923 times
Thank you for creating a E-commerce thread sir! I recently started a E-commerce business last month. Today marks 30 days into it and zero sales. I am having great success with promoting on Facebook but it's not creating sales at all.

I have 4 collections of products. Clothes, Electronics, Antiques, plus a random section. Link in profile if you want to see what the design of the website looks like. Any feedback helps. I am going to purchase Storeya's marketing next month and see how that works and I want to think that will be my missing piece in this equation to sales.

Its more money than I thought to promote too, way more. So I'm going to add my sports card collection to my accounts for sale in packs of 10 cards with good book value for only $75. It'd be a nice investment for the buyer and I win because I'm finally getting my money back on them years of buying packs as a kid.

Old Today, 03:10 AM

3 posts
So, I should say I have not personally done this myself, however, I know a few people that have, and what I can say is, it all depends on where you are looking to sell, meaning the platform, and you need to be VERY sophisticated about the rules regulations, and policies of that platform, you need to expect the worst from buyers, and protect yourself, be as clear as possible in your description about what it is you are selling and you may still encounter problems, e-commerce is not one thing its a universe made up of planets each of which has its own rules, people, landscape etc...there are more games played in that universe than you can image, from the companies that allow you to sell on their platform to the buyers, and it's very easy to get torn to shreds in between the blades of those devices.. and it's only become worse and more sophisticated

Old Today, 11:13 AM

623 posts, read 204,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shhon View Post
Thank you for creating a E-commerce thread sir! I recently started a E-commerce business last month. Today marks 30 days into it and zero sales. I am having great success with promoting on Facebook but it's not creating sales at all.

I have 4 collections of products. Clothes, Electronics, Antiques, plus a random section. Link in profile if you want to see what the design of the website looks like. Any feedback helps. I am going to purchase Storeya's marketing next month and see how that works and I want to think that will be my missing piece in this equation to sales.

Its more money than I thought to promote too, way more. So I'm going to add my sports card collection to my accounts for sale in packs of 10 cards with good book value for only $75. It'd be a nice investment for the buyer and I win because I'm finally getting my money back on them years of buying packs as a kid.
when you sell these cards check what they actually go sell for (not list for) on ebay not some meaningless pride guide.
also the more cards you bundle for one sale the more below value you get for each card- which could be worse it to get rid of 10 at once but it's something to keep in mind.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Business
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or