Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Business
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What do you think is the most intense corporate rivalry?
Coke vs. Pepsi 12 42.86%
Boeing vs. Airbus 2 7.14%
Microsoft vs. Apple 3 10.71%
Intel vs. AMD 0 0%
Delta Faucet vs. Moen 0 0%
Apple vs. Samsung 1 3.57%
Molson Coors vs Anheuser Busch 0 0%
Amazon vs. Walmart 8 28.57%
Chevy vs. Ford 0 0%
Other (specify) 2 7.14%
Voters: 28. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2020, 04:29 PM

7,327 posts, read 12,336,447 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorporateCowboy View Post
You've failed to grasp the bigger picture of Amazon's relevance (and various rivalries) far beyond e-commerce (or think outside the box). In fact, your bolded statement actually confirms my additional point (previously described) re: 'no contest' i.e. Walmart is quick to follow suit, of which there have been several mediocre, or failed, examples/attempts. That's not so much an 'intense' rivalry as it is follow the leader (and Walmart is not the only company to do so).
Amazon and Walmart are always fighting each other on social media, while other competitors are mostly silent. Costco, Best Buy, or the traditional department stores never talk about Amazon on social media, for example, and Kohl's is actually aligning itself with Amazon by selling its products and offering a return service. I think the cultural impact speaks loads on who Amazon considers their main rival, since usually on social media Amazon and Walmart single each other out.

Last edited by Pink Jazz; 07-13-2020 at 04:37 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2020, 08:10 PM

8,666 posts, read 3,866,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pink Jazz View Post
Amazon and Walmart are always fighting each other on social media, while other competitors are mostly silent. Costco, Best Buy, or the traditional department stores never talk about Amazon on social media, for example, and Kohl's is actually aligning itself with Amazon by selling its products and offering a return service. I think the cultural impact speaks loads on who Amazon considers their main rival, since usually on social media Amazon and Walmart single each other out.
This post has me a bit speechless, lol. Again, you're missing my point re: Amazon and its influence/rivalry beyond e-commerce in technology, entertainment, AWS and so on. It's all good, Pink. :-)

Old 07-26-2020, 02:58 PM

7,327 posts, read 12,336,447 times
Here are more in the consumer healthcare industry:
  • Purell (Gojo) vs. Germ-X (Vi-Jon)
  • Band-Aid (Johnson & Johnson) vs. Curad (Medline)
  • Tylenol (Johnson & Johnson) vs. Advil (Pfizer) (okay, not the same drug, but still competitors)

Old 07-28-2020, 08:43 AM

1,561 posts, read 2,258,252 times
Coke vs. Pepsi - Has been going on for YEARS, it will never end, and neither of them will ever have full control of the market of "pop" (as us in the Midwest say). They are the top 2, but being #1 for them fluctuates often. It's just an ongoing battle. Doesn't seem dirty though, I don't think they openly attack each other lol.

Old 07-28-2020, 09:22 PM

8,666 posts, read 3,866,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gobucks86 View Post
Coke vs. Pepsi - Has been going on for YEARS, it will never end, and neither of them will ever have full control of the market of "pop" (as us in the Midwest say). They are the top 2, but being #1 for them fluctuates often. It's just an ongoing battle. Doesn't seem dirty though, I don't think they openly attack each other lol.
Based in re: market cap and brand evolution, Coke is consistently bigger (worldwide) and appears to have the better strategy. That said, while the rivalry has been ongoing for years, I'd have to disagree relative to its intensity (per the thread) for this very reason.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Business