Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Business
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2021, 06:33 PM

8,794 posts, read 3,949,238 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowexpectations View Post
The ask in the OP wasn’t about finance as a whole. The specific reference was investment firms of which I’ve spent more than a couple of decades at. To suggest I don’t understand the difference is pure ignorance. I understand the difference and have outlined how the two are different. You are arguing in a space I’m well versed in and you clearly aren’t
I don't know how you've worked at an investment firm for a couple of decades and don't understand the structure of asset management (including banks, lol) or how it differs, yes - as a whole, from VP titles in the corporate heirarchy elsewhere. Many appear to understand the concept as evidenced by other posts in the thread, even sans your experience (my condolences, btw).

Quote:
The OP isn’t asking about the titles at banks.
Quote:
The specific reference was investment firms
The OP referenced financial firms in the thread title, which encompasses the asset management sector of the financial industry - banks included.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2021, 06:50 PM

26,203 posts, read 21,695,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CorporateCowboy View Post
I don't know how you've worked at an investment firm for a couple of decades and don't understand the structure of asset management (including banks, lol) or how it differs, yes - as a whole, from VP titles in the corporate heirarchy elsewhere. Many appear to understand the concept as evidenced by other posts in the thread, even sans your experience (my condolences, btw).
I understand it fully and am aware your just bs’ing here

Quote:
The OP referenced financial firms in the thread title, which encompasses the asset management sector of the financial industry - banks included.
Might be beyond your ability to follow along past the thread title and actually read the post the OP made

Quote:
Originally Posted by britaintowsend View Post
I was surfing online at these Financial Firms (ie. Morgan Stanley, Charles Schwabb, etc),
and I came across their financial advisor's contact pages.
Any indication here we are talking about bank branch employees? Nah. Wealth management employees? Yes clearly. In the wealth management platform these titles, for advisors is earned by revenue generation. Your comments pertaining to bank employees or any other corporate structure aren’t relevant at all

Old 01-24-2021, 07:02 PM

7,759 posts, read 3,916,752 times
Just means a little more documentation required to fire you

Old 01-24-2021, 07:22 PM

8,794 posts, read 3,949,238 times
Quote:
I understand it fully and am aware your just bs’ing here
To the contrary, you're the one who stated publicly you have worked at 'investment firms' for a 'couple of decades' (and it appears to have been done so simply to argue/harass/defend your inability to apply reasoning to my absolutely relative (and concise) point/contribution to the thread.

Curious - was your title VP?

Quote:
Any indication here we are talking about bank branch employees? Nah. Wealth management employees? Yes clearly.
Again, I'm speaking to the asset management sector of the finance industry (including banks) as a whole i.e. financial firms, per the thread title. Consider JPMorgan Chase, for example (and nowhere did I mention 'bank branch employees'), lol.

Last edited by CorporateCowboy; 01-24-2021 at 07:32 PM.. Reason: typo
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Business