Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Business
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-10-2022, 03:04 PM

425 posts, read 191,916 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by adjusterjack View Post
Is there somebody higher up in the church's food chain that you and other members can file a petition to.

Everybody's got a boss.
No not really. It's a mobile home on 5 acres, it's a non-profit.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2022, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitkatbar View Post
If there are only 20 people attending services then yes he's the musical director, LOL. At all the various services I've attended over the years, I've noticed every church has their own style. The songs we sing in my church are completely different from the style and preferred songs they're singing in a friend's church. Some churches invite people who play instruments to form a worship band. Others never do this except perhaps on Easter or Christmas where they might get a brass quartet. Some churches like modern Christian music with guitars. Other churches prefer older classic music with a real organ and never use guitars. It really varies widely and no musical style is right or wrong. If you do not like the musical style of the new pastor I would suggest shopping around for a new place to attend church. Unfortunately when your church is that small, any time you switch out pastors, you're going to be stuck with the changes they bring with them--which you may not like.
Yes there are many kinds of music. I pretty much like it all.

Old 03-10-2022, 03:27 PM

9,872 posts, read 7,747,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorYetRich View Post
Baptist. I mean he is everything so there is no ministry opportunities. Many have been waiting to be a part of the church in ways they can serve. He won't allow it. Just ignores anyone who mentions it. People may scatter again attending one of the 3 other churches in the town.
Sounds like the best plan. BTW, you don't need a pastor to approve your ministry. You want to start a program to repair homes for the poor in your community, go for it.

Old 03-10-2022, 03:53 PM

6,844 posts, read 3,964,873 times
I've played in several amateur musical groups including one at church. One musician's ego eventually messed up the experience for me. When one person tries to take charge and boss you around, it's not fun any more, especially since you are not being paid. It's not a church thing. It's a music thing. If you are not enjoying the music quit playing in the group. If you don't like the pastor go to another church. Maybe you can join their musical group. End of problem.
Quote:
Hello

I left a neg review for a church. When you googled their name, a photo came up of the church, address to the right of the page. There were 6 reviews. Somehow it is missing. Can the church itself remove the listing completely so people cannot see what happened? If they re-instate it, will that truthful review remain? It clearly wasn't removable for them so they just removed the entire listing

Pastor in his first week took over the Music Ministry. He informed the church he WAS NOW the PERMANENT music ministry. Then he sang really loud over everyone playing guitar loudly in front of the church. I couldn't believe it. Bewildered looks and many refused to sing. They are used to casual light hearted songs on a screen with the words. He saw very few were signing and shrugged it off as if people had never heard the song. He is HELL BENT on signing loudly to his own songs, replacing the music. He is so loud. Second week and he's been asked to please lower the volume and people are asking if they can have the old music back. There are just 20 people and all want their old music. Not him. He also kicked a guy out of teaching the weekly bible study. He wants 100% control of all ministries.

The next week, same situation, he took over music again despite objections so I left it in the review concerning the music only. Thank goodness this is not my church

Old 03-11-2022, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaraG View Post
Sounds like the best plan. BTW, you don't need a pastor to approve your ministry. You want to start a program to repair homes for the poor in your community, go for it.
Great idea. I never thought if that and this would be easy to implement

Old 03-11-2022, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobspez View Post
I've played in several amateur musical groups including one at church. One musician's ego eventually messed up the experience for me. When one person tries to take charge and boss you around, it's not fun any more, especially since you are not being paid. It's not a church thing. It's a music thing. If you are not enjoying the music quit playing in the group. If you don't like the pastor go to another church. Maybe you can join their musical group. End of problem.
I don't care about the Music myself, as stated. I don't care for the control issues and not being able to do the ministries I enjoy. Barring any discussion of ministry by just walking off is what I hear he does.

Thanks everyone, this was very helpful

Old 04-02-2022, 05:19 PM

9,376 posts, read 6,985,952 times
lmfao on leaving a neg review for a church. I guess the soul saving wasn't as advertised?

Old 05-31-2022, 10:30 PM

327 posts, read 133,185 times
Quote:
Hello

I left a neg review for a church.
Just talk to them next time, if you visit again.

Old 06-01-2022, 10:44 AM

3,216 posts, read 1,682,361 times
It's time to tax the church, it's a for-profit business.

Old 06-05-2022, 08:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKTwet View Post
It's time to tax the church, it's a for-profit business.
I agree
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Business