U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Business
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-19-2007, 01:56 AM
HDL HDL started this thread

3,176 posts, read 6,201,839 times

Advertisements

I have had many product ideas, but have not been able to figure out how to make samples, test the market, do a business plan, etc. How many people on this forum have been able to bring their product to market or have had friends or family do so? Can you give the rest of us some good solid advice and ideas on how to get our ideas manufactured and sold (whether you succeeded or failed in your attempts)? Also any websites that helped you.

Thanks!

Last edited by HDL; 02-19-2007 at 02:00 AM.. Reason: spelling
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2007, 04:05 PM

19,130 posts, read 25,067,810 times
happy, there are "score" chapters in every state, they are retired professionals, that donate thier time, specifically, for folks like you, also, most towns/cities, have an economic development council, business folks to speak with,,,and many of them have industry contacts, or can point you in the right direction,,,,both of these venues are free,

Old 03-27-2007, 03:27 PM

989 posts, read 5,521,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalMe View Post
Hi!

What I know is when you have an idea, just do it.

When I left the company I worked for, I thought I got to start my own business! And I just got two computers and one man to work with me.

Now, I have my own factory.

LyricalMe-Can you provide a little more information? Do you have a website?

..........I am trying to develop a health/vitamin product right now. It has been several weeks of hell for me gathering the resources together without industry connections. Finding good, low-cost custom packaging has not been easy. The market entry costs are pretty high, and hard to compete unless you have a ground-breaking idea.

Old 03-27-2007, 06:56 PM

Exclamation Maybe I can help with your question Newportbeach

If you left click on this posters' or any other poster's handle, it will give you various options. In the case of this poster who has only posted once so far, this poster has a Homepage (i.e. website) link to their business. I believe when I went to it, it had to do with "HAIR".

I myself consider this to be 'spam' as the poster has only posted once and really did not give specific help, so my recommendation would be to proceed with caution. JHMO though

Quote:
Originally Posted by newportbeachsmostwanted View Post
LyricalMe-Can you provide a little more information? Do you have a website?

..........I am trying to develop a health/vitamin product right now. It has been several weeks of hell for me gathering the resources together without industry connections. Finding good, low-cost custom packaging has not been easy. The market entry costs are pretty high, and hard to compete unless you have a ground-breaking idea.

Old 03-30-2007, 04:38 PM

3 posts, read 7,240 times
Hi happydawglady
I do understand what you r going through. The product that I have just i would say start taking off 7 months ago. There are so many people without health and dental insurance and I thought it would be easy for me to market not so. What I had to do was to tell everyone I meet about it and how my business as taken off is by referral, people that used the service and pass on to friends and family members.

Old 04-06-2007, 09:16 AM

Exclamation Something smells 'fishy' here

On 3-27-07, newportbeachsmostwanted has LyricalMe's first post 'quoted'. Now that post has disappeared and 'wallah' LyricalMe is back again 4-5-07 and it again shows only one post, whereas this would make it his or hers' 2nd post??? . Did the MOD's delete the first post as SPAM???

Anyways, I would love to hear from someone who is not trolling or spamming who has actually brought a product to market and has ideas and contructive help for others. Anybody out there with this knowledge??? If so, I'd love to hear from you !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalMe View Post
Hey, well, I'm not a guy who lingers on the net all the time. I have very little time on net and I am seldom here.

I have several web sites. I guess you can see one from this web. At the beginning, we just searched for info and emailed. We gave orders to the factories and got good payment from buyers. That's it. That was my way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Business
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or