Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Business
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-17-2008, 06:08 PM

10 posts, read 40,929 times

Advertisements

I called a number on a craigslist add, that said make money daily without selling. I called a number, and the guy directed me to a conference call. There was probably about 150 people on the call. It was regarding cash gifting and it said that you "gift" 500-3500$, then you get other people to sign up. You give the first person you sign up to the person that invited you, then after the first one, the others you invite give their "gift" to you, and give you the first person they sign up. Depending on what you "gifted" in for, determines the max you can recieve from each "gift", and any money above that amount goes to your inviter. It sounds good, but I am sceptical of any job that requires such a substantial investment. I also researched it and found that it might be a company that has changed its name several times, which is concerning. I found that it might be the same company as NOCC123, uptoyouwealth, and true wealth today. The review said that they change their name and web address frequently and that it is impossible to find the owners.

I am also concerned as to whether or not it is legal?

If anyone has has success with this company, please let me know. Thank you!

hardyFL

Old 12-17-2008, 06:31 PM

5,725 posts, read 11,709,844 times
Here's a relevant thread to check out: how a real professional does it

Old 12-18-2008, 10:17 AM

23,587 posts, read 70,358,767 times
"It was regarding cash gifting and it said that you "gift" 500-3500$, then you get other people to sign up. You give the first person you sign up to the person that invited you, then after the first one, the others you invite give their "gift" to you, and give you the first person they sign up. Depending on what you "gifted" in for, determines the max you can recieve from each "gift", and any money above that amount goes to your inviter. It sounds good,"

ARE YOU SERIOUS?????!!!!!

This is a blatant Ponzi scam.

Old 12-18-2008, 12:12 PM

Default Reply to harry

I have researched it, and it is not a pyramid scheme in that it does not make the top person ONLY money. After your invitie is given to your inviter, the others you invite give you their gift directly and their first person. Pyramids all the money goes to the top person.

I am only speculating that this is not a scam, but it does not seem like a scam if you got the right people involved. It seems shady, but also seems like if you invest time to market it that it could work.

COULD SOMEONE THAT HAS CASH GIFTED WITH TLC2003 OR ANY OTHER COMPANY PLEASE REPLY. THANK YOU

Old 12-18-2008, 12:19 PM

Default Reply to harry

So what part time at home career/job is NOT a scam? It seems all that I find someone says they are a scam or rippoff?? And all require you to buy something? Doesn't anyone actually pay you for work that you do instead of paying them to work for them?

any suggestions from someone NOT selling their system or program?

Old 12-18-2008, 01:46 PM

5,725 posts, read 11,709,844 times
Chances are that anybody who has fallen for this will either be too embarrassed to admit it or paint a really rosy picture of it so that your money might help them recover some of what they have lost.

Old 12-18-2008, 05:08 PM

Cool Anyone?

Anyone have any experience with this company tlc2003? Thank you!

Old 12-18-2008, 06:38 PM

7,115 posts, read 12,654,276 times
I never, ever participate in these types of deals--whether it's recipes, books, or hard cash. Please don't--you'll get burned. If it sounds too good to be true--it is.

These scams rely on greed and a cascade of money falling into your lap--never happens. Run away!!

Old 12-18-2008, 06:41 PM

That is what everyone says, but has anyone ever heard of, or used this company TLC2003, or cash gifting in general? Supposedly there are 50,000 members and been open for 7 years? Can it really be a scam with that many people and for that long? I can understand maybe 10-20k people and a couple years, but 50k people and 7 years and they are all getting scammed and ripped off? How can that be possible?

Old 12-18-2008, 06:59 PM

7,115 posts, read 12,654,276 times
I sure would take a look at the word 'supposedly' in your posting. Is there verifiable proof of their claims? Who's their accounting firm? ....where are they located, do they have a mailing address (and can you check with the authorities in the city where they're based?), a phone number where you can speak to a real person? Can you check with the Better Business Bureau, the postal authorities? And with 50,000 purported participants, surely someone on city-data has participated or knows someone who has...if there's a big, long silence on this thread...hmmm...please run away from this scam...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Business