Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Business
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-24-2010, 11:37 AM

890 posts, read 2,785,013 times

Advertisements

1. Contact the State Department of Social Services.
2. Inquire about getting a License.
3. They will usually have an orientation scheduled.
4. Go to the orientation to get all the applications, and information such as which Law booklet applies to regulating your chosen business.
5. In the orientation, you will have a chance to network with other people in the business, some new, some opening new facilities.
6. There will also be plenty of brochures for education / classes, staffing, and services to help you create your application.

Old 02-26-2010, 01:53 PM

25,080 posts, read 16,324,103 times
This can be a lucrative business, but it is emotionally demanding and all consuming. Another thing to be aware of is the potential for liability. If u plan such a business u need to plan for all aspects. Good luck.

Old 04-15-2010, 05:15 PM

2 posts, read 20,237 times
i would like to have a partner IN A NON MEDICAL HEALTH CARE

Old 04-19-2010, 04:38 PM

2 posts, read 27,954 times
Contrary to others, I think franchising is the best way to quickly start your own home care business. Franchising offers a tried and tested business model. The amount of the franchise fee could equate to court costs by going it alone. I spoke to a lady in PA who owned a very profitable business but had to to close her doors due to legal matters with a client.
Do you know how to apply for state licensure? What type of insurance should you carry? Background investigations on caregivers? Marketing material and website? Financial and accounting software? Scheduling?
I would at least investigate all your options.

Old 04-21-2010, 11:24 PM

68 posts, read 187,773 times
What areas of the country would be the best for a non medical home care start up? I would think places like Scottsdale/ Phoenix, or certain parts of CA where there are larger concentrations of senior citizens. Let me know what you think!

Old 05-26-2010, 02:01 PM

1 posts, read 10,949 times
I am in az and in the process of opening a non medical homecare. Any help will be appriciated.

Old 06-24-2010, 05:48 PM

6 posts, read 61,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trebein View Post
Hi,
I have been longing to start a home health care business for years now. I worked as a Home Health Aide to put myself through college and has a degree in Psychology and minor in Health Administration. Currently I work in social services for a major city. My family and I relocated to another state which is still close to my job ( 1.30 hr commute on the train). The problem is that I am not overly satisfied which my current job plus now with the long commute, I know it it time for me to start something in my new state. I really want to start a Home health care business because it seems very lucrative but I don't know where to begin. I have researched some franchises but their fees are too high.

My question is has anyone on this board started this kind of business without having to buy a franchise? If so please share your experience and what I 'll need to do. Also if you bought a franchise, what were your experiences? How do I know which franchise is from a reputable company. I appreciate all responses and suggestions. Thanks.
I have investigated Franchises and do not see the potential....most territories are taken anyway. My question to you is, if you have the college degree in Psychology, should you not consider extending that to Geriatric Care? In this way, you can be looking at attorneys to gain your first clients. It is the sales that is the most challenging part of the business. As a home health aid, you should have a grasp on what to look for in CG's and matching to your clients. There are manuels to help you online for setting up the business end. Good luck!

Old 06-24-2010, 05:52 PM

Default Ready to Open

Quote:
Originally Posted by non-medicalhomecare View Post
I have opend several non-medicail home care business for others and would never buy a franchise. But beware when you are providing this type of care it is 24/7 and someone must always have on call after hours.
Would you be interested in opening another? I would like to talk to you. I am ready, but my would-have-been partner has left and she was to handle the sales. Have business-need clients!

Old 06-24-2010, 06:04 PM

Default Insurance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephanie38 View Post
We are starting with out buying a franchise. The only thing I am stumbling over is the insurance and billing? Can anyone help me with that?
A Good company out of CA is Hefferan.

Old 06-24-2010, 06:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlharlan View Post
tell me more about how you have opened up business for others
Please keep me in the loop. I am ready except for the last steps.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.