Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Business
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-27-2009, 10:46 AM

1 posts, read 2,031 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone,
Could anyone tell me what is the SEO and and other things related to it iam sorry but iam little new to such things..If I have a website so how I can promote it to Top Rank??

Thanks in Advance.!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2009, 04:28 PM

4,343 posts, read 14,777,604 times
Type "SEO in Google. Here is one site that explains it: Search engine optimization - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
If you have a web designer create your site, they can do the SEO for you.

Until you understand how the internet and search engines work, I wouldn't suggest spending money on a site. There are several other threads on this site that cover this subject. You can use the search feature to find them.

Old 03-24-2009, 05:20 AM

6 posts, read 8,202 times
Yes, you are right, Rapture. But web designer can't do SEO SEO is technical job for programmer, but first you must have a vision of clear structure, functionalily and knowledges how to optimise website. We can divide SEO in a few important parts: technological seo (CMS funcions), contextual seo, seo linking, etc. But the main problem is content. If Your website content is high quality, Your internet project must be succesful.

Old 03-24-2009, 05:44 PM

113 posts, read 392,973 times
SEO is a lot more then just someone that can build a website. You as the owner need to reseach, It took me hours and hours and day after day, heck even weeks. I now ranked very well but it comes with learning and knowing what goggle and others are looking for. It changes all the time and you have to keep up.

Old 03-26-2009, 05:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnpatric View Post
Yes, you are right, Rapture. But web designer can't do SEO SEO is technical job for programmer, but first you must have a vision of clear structure, functionalily and knowledges how to optimise website. We can divide SEO in a few important parts: technological seo (CMS funcions), contextual seo, seo linking, etc. But the main problem is content. If Your website content is high quality, Your internet project must be succesful.
That is not true, a web designer can do the SEO if you pay them. I have over twenty sites that I own and manage for other people. I designed them and did the SEO. They all come up first page in most searches. It's not that hard to do, just takes time and knowledge of how to do it. I've been doing it for fifteen years, it's not a big deal and you don't need a programmer. If you go to sites for web design, they all offer that service.

Old 03-26-2009, 05:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXCountryBoy View Post
SEO is a lot more then just someone that can build a website. You as the owner need to reseach, It took me hours and hours and day after day, heck even weeks. I now ranked very well but it comes with learning and knowing what goggle and others are looking for. It changes all the time and you have to keep up.
100% true! It does take work by the owner of the site also. They need to give info. to the person that's doing the SEO on their site about their targeted audience, search terms they may use etc...

Old 08-03-2009, 03:34 AM

5 posts, read 12,438 times
seo is the technique which is used by internet marketers. it id used to increase the visibility of the site.
seo book's beginner's guide is best for the newbie.

Old 09-11-2014, 11:25 PM

10 posts, read 10,015 times
SEO is Search Engine Optimization. It is basically used for Internet Marketing.
SEO includes, On page and Offpage techniques.
Onpage includes meta tags like title, description, keywords, header tags, alt tags.
Offpage includes Submissions like Bookmarking Submission, Article Submissions, Forum posting, blog creation and commenting.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Business