Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Business
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-07-2009, 11:31 PM

70 posts, read 211,676 times

Advertisements

I have a bunch of magazines that go for a decent amont on ebay, but I was wondering if I could get more if I sell them individually or in bulk?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2009, 05:22 AM

18 posts, read 78,484 times
Can't really advise you anything. It depends on the product you are selling. In some cases it is better to sell separately and some times together.

Old 03-08-2009, 12:13 PM

10,447 posts, read 49,658,815 times
It used to be better to sell one at a time. Ebay is suffering too. Sales are way way down. Ebay is still making bank on listing fees but are making peanuts on the sale end.

But there are still die hards who will list all day long making few sales. It is these people buying bulk lots hoping to sell one at a time out of those lots.

Despite the draw to give Ebay a try do to this economic depression, the good ol days are long gone. Dont bet the house on making extra income on Ebay. Come to think of it...... why not bet the house, it ain't worth anything either.

Old 03-08-2009, 06:44 PM

95 posts, read 244,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertsun41 View Post
Dont bet the house on making extra income on Ebay. Come to think of it...... why not bet the house, it ain't worth anything either.

All kidding aside, to answer the OP.
It depends on what it is. Some mags are better if sold in bulk. But pictures of each individual cover would help. Some folks are looking for just one edition or volume and will pay top dollar to get it even if they have to buy the other issues they don't want or need. They may even ask you to just send the one they want so they don't have to pay for all that extra postage.
You can always use the completed auction filter to look up your mags.

Old 03-08-2009, 08:31 PM

70 posts, read 211,676 times
I'm confused!!!

Old 03-08-2009, 08:55 PM

95 posts, read 244,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by locest View Post
I'm confused!!!
About what?

Let me see if I can clarify this a little bit better.

1. Some mags sell better in bulk such as a year (12 issues).
2. Some mags sell better alone (the vanity fair issue with Demi Moore naked and pregnant).
3. So if you have the entire year of vanity fair that has the issue with Demi in it, the only real valuable issue is that one, the rest aren't worth that much. And collectors know that. They may say that they just want that one issue and you can keep the rest. (this is after they win the auction of course).
4. When you search on eBay, you can set search filters on the left side of the page. You can search for what ever magazine that you have and see how it sold in the recent past by searching completed auctions. You can do this for a single issue or bulk issues.

I hope I clarified myself a little bit better.

Old 03-08-2009, 09:27 PM

9,846 posts, read 22,677,486 times
I once has a massive amount of automotive magazines and sold many of them off on ebay. I just grouped them together as one lot per magazine title and I did surprising well. I remember one group of 10 mags I got $175 for. Mostly all I cared about at the time was getting them to someone who wanted them or could use them and as long as my shipping and ebay costs were covered I was happy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Business