Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Business
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-12-2009, 03:41 PM

38 posts, read 195,827 times

Advertisements

Can someone with knowledge of websites and online businesses please visit my profile and check out my website. I would appreciate input on how to improve my website, its wording (or Key Word Strenght) and marketing ideas that may help my business turn into a very profitable enterprise. Please only constructive and helpful information is welcomed. Thank you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2009, 08:47 AM

378 posts, read 1,063,586 times
I would have a look at your site but cannot seem to get to it. I built and maintain my husbands site so maybe I could offer some opinion although I am not a professional web designer by trade.

Old 03-14-2009, 08:57 AM

15,852 posts, read 35,135,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elsapo View Post
Can someone with knowledge of websites and online businesses please visit my profile and check out my website. I would appreciate input on how to improve my website, its wording (or Key Word Strenght) and marketing ideas that may help my business turn into a very profitable enterprise. Please only constructive and helpful information is welcomed. Thank you.
The site is informative but does not really grab my attention or keep it. Instead of the paragraphs, I would use larger font and bullet points. I would use some color and also some photographs.

The internet is a VISUAL media. People want to see pictures, color, etc. and that will draw them in to reading the copy. At first glance, there is noting on your site that captures my attention and pulls me in to WANT to read the details.

Your home screen should be an overview of who you are, and what you do - Large Print, Bullet Points, Lots of color, movement, photos. Then, once you have their attention, they will search out the details.

Google "Translation Services" and see what your competition is doing.

20yrsinBranson

Old 03-14-2009, 11:08 AM

1,955 posts, read 5,267,243 times
You need to be much more transparent about who you are and what you're providing. What in your experience makes you qualified to determine who is a good translator? There are a lot of translators working on the market. Some are very good, some are terrible. Certification from all of the various agencies is absolutely no indication of quality, by the way.

I'm not convinced, to be honest. I use translators now and then for my business, and I find LinkedIn to be a pretty good resource for finding them.

Old 03-14-2009, 02:32 PM

3,223 posts, read 9,630,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elsapo View Post
I'd add more details about the services.

Old 03-15-2009, 05:51 AM

38 posts, read 195,827 times
Hello all, thank you very much for your input. I will take some time and visualize all that you have written here and turn it into action. It will take me a few weeks to put some of your advise into action but it will most definitely help in having a quality web page. Thank you all.

Old 03-15-2009, 10:52 AM

3,223 posts, read 9,630,573 times
I think if u plan to have people find your site through search engine and online directories, then u would want to make it draw the viewer in with better visual attraction like one guy said. But if u are simply having a website to put on a business card or flyer then fancy graphics aren't critical. Better to be look neat and functioning than tacky and fancy. I like the fact that u made it very simple because people get overwhelmed with lots of useless info. I'd focus on convincing people that your service is dependable along with your special approach to translation because I'm sure there are a few people out there doing the same thing.

Old 03-21-2009, 09:23 PM

113 posts, read 392,973 times
Take a look at my site if you want, get with me and I will give you the site.

Old 03-24-2009, 05:07 AM

6 posts, read 8,202 times
I cant see Your website link on Your profile. As web developer, I can help You.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Business