Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Business
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-14-2009, 07:55 PM

2,625 posts, read 11,218,834 times

Advertisements

I worked in collections for almost 10 years and i loved it, my job, eventually for the "good of the company" changed everybody to repair techs, it blows!!!!!! Didnt know what rude people we have out there, they treat you like crap, have no ph etiquette, are tough guys because their on the ph, but dammmmm!!! This job is dam stressing!!! They cuss you out for 30 min and then have the audacity to tell u, i know its not your fault but....... lol its funny, they tell u that after they cussed their heart out for an hour!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2009, 08:05 PM

8,292 posts, read 26,678,490 times
...and your point is?

Old 12-14-2009, 08:22 PM

2,625 posts, read 11,218,834 times
My point is......OMAHA ROCKS, IS THAT WHY DO PEOPLE CUSS YOU OUT, AND THEN AFTER THEY TELL, I KNOW ITS NOT YOUR FAULT BUT IM REALLY MAD, so if its not my damn fault, why do you take it out on me. Its not like that attitude and those unecessary cusswords are goign to help fix your issue, or make me want to help you fix your issue!!!

Old 12-14-2009, 09:04 PM

8,292 posts, read 26,678,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LEVOW View Post
My point is......OMAHA ROCKS, IS THAT WHY DO PEOPLE CUSS YOU OUT, AND THEN AFTER THEY TELL, I KNOW ITS NOT YOUR FAULT BUT IM REALLY MAD, so if its not my damn fault, why do you take it out on me. Its not like that attitude and those unecessary cusswords are goign to help fix your issue, or make me want to help you fix your issue!!!
If you are CSR at - say - Citibank, you represent Citibank and all of the fraudulent practices they put in place. You are the street face of Citibank. Therefore, you can expect to get cussed out, because it is your job to field the calls of angry customers who have been screwed over by the company you work for.

Your alternative is to seek employment elsewhere.

Old 12-19-2009, 06:13 AM

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,471 posts, read 15,833,234 times
Quote:
I worked in collections for almost 10 years and i loved it, my job, eventually for the "good of the company" changed everybody to repair techs, it blows!!!!!! Didnt know what rude people we have out there, they treat you like crap, have no ph etiquette, are tough guys because their on the ph, but dammmmm!!! This job is dam stressing!!! They cuss you out for 30 min and then have the audacity to tell u, i know its not your fault but....... lol its funny, they tell u that after they cussed their heart out for an hour!!!!
LOL! This sounds like a dude I knew who worked for Time Warner cable. Most all he did was surf the net, draw, or read a magazine at his desk and he didn't have much focus. In fact, he really hated his job in general. Then they put him on as a repair tech, and he realized, he'd actually have to do some work.
He said people were angry a lot when they pay a high price for cable service, and cable service wasn't delivered in a timely manner or when it failed. People wanted compensation and to have their voice heard. SInce he was really just there for a paycheck, they were like irritating bugs, who were there simply to mess with him. He couldn't believe that he had went from messing with people to having people mess with him.

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!!!!!1111!!!

Incidently, I think this thread belongs in the employment section....so gonna ask a mod to move it there.

Last edited by 70Ford; 12-19-2009 at 06:30 AM..

Old 12-19-2009, 11:56 AM

10,447 posts, read 49,658,815 times
Quote:
I dont blame people for cursing you out. Have YOU no heart? Sure there are some real deadbeats out there but do you really really really think that people just dont feel like paying you?

Maybe.........just maybe, they lost their job. Have ya heard? We are in the worse depression since 1928. More Americans are out of work now then since WW2. Factory production is at its lowest in the history of the USA. Payroll has dropped to it's lowest level since the great depression. The construction industry has been desimated.

Once the most powerful companies on earth....companies (GM and Ford) who spelled American might are dead in the water and have drowned, more then a hundred trillion dollars in real estate equity is lost forever, over a trillion dollars in lost retirement nest eggs gone...poof.......bla bla bla....

Do you want me to help you further understand why people curse at you when you want their only few dollars left that they need to feed their kids or pay their rent?

Deadbeats some say? Immoral deadbeats? Let me tell you something. The very lenders who are trying to collect are about as moral as your government. Put it this way my friend. If you borrow money, you do have a moral obligation to honor that contract. But you also have a moral contract to provide the very basic necessities for your family. And when some one does not have enough money for both, they choose their family first and to hell with the banks. They been stealing from us peasants for generations. I have no heart for their grobbling right now which is falling on deaf ears.

Old 12-20-2009, 09:19 AM

23,601 posts, read 70,425,146 times
If you can't stand the heat...

Part of the way the capitalist marketplace is supposed to work is the crap companies go out of business because they can't find reliable workers who will stay because A- they pay crap and B- the jobs are crap and C- the customers all complain. If all of the customers are complaining, maybe you need to take a hint?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Business