Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Business
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-18-2010, 01:08 PM

243 posts, read 1,201,928 times

Advertisements

I need to create a web site for US to buy products FROM our customers. I shall call this item a "Widget".

We buy Widgets in any condition. We want to develop a site that a customer can go to. Select their widget that they want to sell to us and its condition. It will display what we will pay. The customer completes the check out process. We get the "Order" and connect with the customer for local pick up or arrange shipping.

So lets say we will pay $ 100 for a broken widget. The customer selects the widget, checks out, obviously doesnt need to enter any credit card details, and completes the order. We follow up from there to make it happen.

My though would be for a customer to select the model of their Widget ( As it comes in dozens of models ). From there it would go to the next page and they can select the condition of the Widget by a drop down menu. It could say something like

Condition Working $ 200
Condition Broken $ 100

This feature is basically the "Upsell" feature on most ecommerce platforms.

Once selected they will select SELL TO US ( instead of the tradition "Buy" button ) and go through the check out.

Now I know there are plenty of commerce programs out there that can do this. However when you have the upsell feature they start to want $ 100/mo for the commerce package. I have looking into programming this with PHP, but it was cost prohibitive.

I need a basic ecommerce platform that handled low inventory quantity and has an upsell feature for short money per month. Paypal/Google check out as they cannot handle zero priced items.

Thanks!
Jason
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Business