Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Calgary
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-01-2011, 09:37 AM

746 posts, read 1,676,906 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTOlover View Post
you need a valid US passport to get back into the US

As for becoming a citizen you should have already applied and been approved before you make the trip..Canada customs will ask how long you will be staying and where you are going..My guess if you are moving they would send you to go inside and to check out your temp work visa and other paper work related to immigrating to Canada

She's a Canadian citizen ....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2011, 05:33 PM

9,326 posts, read 22,018,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joules21 View Post
Maybe this will tempt you.

Just outside of Calgary - west on Bragg Creek Rd.

stock photo's - I do not own them...
I'm sold! I'm planning a trip soon to check it out. Not interested in moving back to Toronto.

Old 07-11-2012, 11:05 AM

3,563 posts, read 5,376,934 times
The horse set seems to be around Okotoks, just to the south of Spruce Meadows. I see horses on the roads all the time.
While Western is the prevalent choice here, lot's of English riding is around, as well as the polo grounds, barrel racing for ladies, cattle drives, trail riding, pack teams, etc. Rent/lease of a small place with acreage was scored by a friend just in from B.C. in Okotoks, for 900. (deal) You're then jumping off into the hills in a few miles. Low vehicle traffic south of Okotoks, lots of side room on the roads, and fairly considerate drivers (they have horses, too). They do drive fast, though. Particularly the farm gals.

Remember Canada is much, much more expensive than just about anywhere in the U.S.A.
i.e. do fewer things, but enjoy them more

Old 07-12-2013, 03:51 PM

3,563 posts, read 5,376,934 times
Default Spruce Meadows, anyone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by teacher/equestrian View Post
Thanks soo much! What about regular jobs and general economy? What are the outlying areas like (more rural ect )for housing?
Ok for 36yrs single female?
Equestrian wise there are lots of facilities near the international show jumping location, Spruce Meadows. Rentals I've seen are near Priddis, a small ranching area, and Okotoks.

There's lots of horse related work here, and Sprice Meadows is always looking for people that can communicate with the show jumping international crowd: i.e. speaking/writing Portuguese, Spanish, German, French, and Italian in particular.

Last edited by thedwightguy; 07-12-2013 at 03:53 PM.. Reason: spelling
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Calgary