Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Calgary
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-25-2013, 04:29 PM

1,626 posts, read 3,898,402 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeinalberta View Post
I don't know much about World Health, but it is a chain...and I think you can use different locations with one membership. Honestly, you should check out the gym situation when you get here.....at least that will give you a chance to take advantage of some introductory offers.

My guess a cab from Pano Hills to downtown would be about 40 give or take ten bucks.

The beltine is the area between 10th and 17th ave South. Younger crowd for sure. Mostly professionals living in Condos, but the area is definitely mixed. You will encounter urban poverty in the Beltline. Some students live in the beltine, and many hang out there. High concentration of coffee shops, bars and nightclubs, restaurants and independent shops. Feels busy and very urban.

I live in Sunnyside, which is directly north of downtown. It is quieter than the beltine, and has a more residential feel....but there is a lot within walking distance. Home of Calgary's "Latte Liberals", but it really isn't that bad.

If you are interested in the inner city, also check out Mission, Inglewood/Ramsay, Bridgeland, and Bankview.

good info is real estate expensive there? in that area I mean and is panorama hills nice? a part of me wants to have more space than condos I have had in the past and the condos in DT seem expensive, I could get one but even still…. it's allot and it may not be necessary
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-25-2013, 06:49 PM

1,264 posts, read 3,861,425 times
Kind of hard to approach the topics. I know of people moving to Calgary and then found a job in Victoria, or to Toronto and had to turn back immediately to Montreal because of a job offer that did not require French.

If I'm not mistaken, WestLRT has been in operation since 2012 December, and with good bus connections to the respective LRT stations for residents around Strathcona Park, Westgage, Signal Hill and Glendale, etc. This map is self-explanatory.
http://www.calgarytransit.com/pdf/We...rk-Dec2012.pdf

You can also get info from this site on:
LRT Network Plan
City Centre LRT
North Central LRT
Northeast LRT
Northwest LRT
South LRT
Southeast LRT (SETWAY)
Calgary Transit: West LRT

Old 11-26-2013, 07:19 AM

9,019 posts, read 14,289,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swan Dive View Post
good info is real estate expensive there? in that area I mean and is panorama hills nice? a part of me wants to have more space than condos I have had in the past and the condos in DT seem expensive, I could get one but even still…. it's allot and it may not be necessary
Panorama Hills is nice. A bit of airplane noise, but a car is manditory. Panorama is close to Deerfoot and Country Hills Blvd. Easy access to pretty much the enitre NW side and towards the mountains. There's a few good little pubs/bars around right in the area, and a monster movie theatre. Cross Iron Mills is close-by for shopping as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Calgary