Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2010, 05:24 PM

2,464 posts, read 6,468,453 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by eagle7 View Post
I guess he was checking out the teen girls a lil too much & got carried away. He has to now register as a sex offender which is stupid cause he didnt sexually offend anyone. He also has to serve 97 days in jail. I think probation & a fine is more appropriate then jail time & registering as a sex offender. Ca is jail crazy! Man sentenced to jail for masturbating near Ontario High School - San Bernardino County Sun (http://www.sbsun.com/ci_15265297?source=most_viewed - broken link)
Personally, I think a guy is a creepy f*ck if has to do this in public. The man has issues. Jail crazy? Not in this case.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2010, 06:30 PM

9,894 posts, read 22,023,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle Toes View Post
I don't know .... some things you should just do in the privacy of your own home.
I totally agree & its not just a guy thing. Its all about self control which this guy didnt have. I bet his daughter who goes to ontario high school is so damn embarassed & is getting harassed about it from fellow students.

Old 06-11-2010, 06:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by majoun View Post
California's jail-craziness is a major cause of California's fiscal meltdown. California's incarceration rate is comparable to China's.

Probation and a fine would be more appropriate, but the CCPOA unfortunately feels differently and they have the power to not only sway the legislature but also the power to fund initiatives that make the problem worse.
I think if he did that in china his life in jail would be much worse.

Old 06-11-2010, 06:48 PM

2,031 posts, read 2,987,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by majoun View Post
California's jail-craziness is a major cause of California's fiscal meltdown. California's incarceration rate is comparable to China's.

Probation and a fine would be more appropriate, but the CCPOA unfortunately feels differently and they have the power to not only sway the legislature but also the power to fund initiatives that make the problem worse.
Is it? If so, then California's incarceration rate is far below the United States average.

The United States imprisons a larger percentage of its populace than any country on Earth. China is nowhere close to the U.S.. I suspect California's incarceration rate is also far ahead of China's.

Old 06-11-2010, 06:50 PM

660 posts, read 1,397,529 times
Quote:
I guess he was checking out the teen girls a lil too much & got carried away. He has to now register as a sex offender which is stupid cause he didnt sexually offend anyone. He also has to serve 97 days in jail. I think probation & a fine is more appropriate then jail time & registering as a sex offender. Ca is jail crazy! Man sentenced to jail for masturbating near Ontario High School - San Bernardino County Sun (http://www.sbsun.com/ci_15265297?source=most_viewed - broken link)
I'm offended for reading that! Does that count?

Old 06-11-2010, 07:33 PM

17,440 posts, read 28,600,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Voyageur View Post
Is it? If so, then California's incarceration rate is far below the United States average.

The United States imprisons a larger percentage of its populace than any country on Earth. China is nowhere close to the U.S.. I suspect California's incarceration rate is also far ahead of China's.
California's incarceration rate is the highest in the US.

I suppose that China's incarceration rate has decreased since I read that in the Economist awhile back.

Old 06-11-2010, 07:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voyageur View Post

Why does the us incarcerate more people then anywhere in the world ?

Old 06-11-2010, 07:41 PM

17,440 posts, read 28,600,002 times
Quote:
The prison-industrial complex, which is destroying California in particular even more than the US as a whole.

Old 06-11-2010, 07:45 PM

232 posts, read 542,535 times
Most crimes that involve showing your naughty bits in public - including taking a leak of the 11th Fairway - can result in a person being charged as a sex offender.

Choose wisely.

Old 06-11-2010, 07:46 PM

16,806 posts, read 39,942,396 times
Quote:
Drug "crimes". We incarcerate, China shoots drug criminals in the back of the head. Dead criminals don't drive up incarceration percentages.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California