Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2010, 07:46 AM

8,262 posts, read 18,487,747 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIKEETC View Post
I don't see a compelling reason to do so.
What if one of the 5 Cities has better schools than the other 4? Would you now have to pay increased property taxes to support more schools? Im pretty sure taxes in Oceano are less than taxes in AG.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2010, 10:49 PM

4,932 posts, read 12,763,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkb0305 View Post
what difference would it make to combine the cities? Each of these things would still be where they are, and none of them are related to each other.
Some one told me they are interdependent and since I don't live there I can't for sure tell you why. Oceano and Grover need some revamp I'll tell you that. There is a growing gang issue in that area and the wanobi Oceano 13 gang is around.

One larger community would be more cost efficient and benefit areas that need city services like police patrols in Oceano and parts of Grover. There is only one high school in the area and different elementary schools and middle schools in the area. Each community might be sufficient right now, but as population increases and revenue doesn't increase there will be a demand to combine with the communities that are generating money. Grover and Oceano have no space to expand, and AG could expand their retail but we will have to see. AG was in Atascadero's position btw until they got a Wal-Mart.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California