Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-10-2010, 07:52 PM

11 posts, read 28,872 times

Advertisements

I'm a mid 20's single male, looking for a place to live that's relatively close to San Francisco where I work. I stumbled across Adeline Place in Emeryville which is basically located on Adeline and San Pablo. Does anyone have any input regarding the area in terms of safety and value? Their BMR pricing is very attractive, as it seems like the selling price has dropped drastically within the year. Is there a particular reason for the drastic drop in price (other than economy reasons)?

I appreciate the fact that it's a short drive to San Francisco, and a relatively short walk to Macarthur Bart (4 long blocks). It seems like there are also plenty of shops and restaurants in the area.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2010, 03:43 AM

14,076 posts, read 20,528,322 times
Admittedly, it's been a few years since I was in the neighborhood, but then most of the businesses around there had security bars on the doors and windows, an indication of what goes on at night. About 4 blocks north of there, up San Pablo, was a business called, "Your Black Muslim Bakery," and a big and tall mens clothing store on the corner of San Pablo and 40th St. had dresses in the display windows.

You may deduce from that whatever you will. Maybe someone will drop by with an update or, better yet, maybe you should ask this question in the San Francisco forum, which also includes the rest of the Bay Area.

Old 07-12-2010, 10:27 AM

3,469 posts, read 5,262,281 times
I live in Emeryville, and I love it. But that particular area, despite being redeveloped and the building being nice, is a bit sketchy, especially at night. There are worse areas, but you would use it mostly as a launching pad for getting to work or other parts of the East Bay. I happen to live a number of blocks farther northeast and much prefer the ability to walk around without shady people loitering around. It's probably the least desireable part of Emeryville.

I don't know why a Black Muslim Bakery would be an issue in theory -- I always wanted to try that place before it turned out the owners were violent crooks -- but I find it funny that someone would be upset that the Big and Tall mens store also sold women's clothing. Who cares? If it's an implication that the store overtly caters to cross-dressers or something (??), then that's way off the mark. Cross-dressers would get beat up around there.

Personally, I would look at some of Emerville's other corners.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California