Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2010, 12:32 PM

9,319 posts, read 18,740,820 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by UPT Oakland View Post
Why do you think there are just as many people against the law as for it?
You are wrong about this. MSNBC just pulled their poll that showed an overwhelming number of people are for AZ and the law, which is a mirror image of the Federal law. Dems and Repubs are sick of the invasion. The token few idiots in Hollywood can go to hell.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2010, 01:54 PM

7,411 posts, read 10,382,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MotleyCrew View Post
You are wrong about this. MSNBC just pulled their poll that showed an overwhelming number of people are for AZ and the law, which is a mirror image of the Federal law. Dems and Repubs are sick of the invasion. The token few idiots in Hollywood can go to hell.
I think we can understand your anger. If well-known entertainers\ comedians\ musicians performed in an anti-California concert I would be partly angry and partly ashamed. Many people value what Chris Rock has to say and it is not surprising that Blacks are standing in solidarity with Latinos. The past racism of Arizona coupled with the immigration law puts your state in a bad light that is unfortunate because most people really like Arizona and it's beauty.

Old 07-17-2010, 01:54 PM

16,806 posts, read 39,928,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MotleyCrew View Post
You are wrong about this. MSNBC just pulled their poll that showed an overwhelming number of people are for AZ and the law...
I saw that poll right before it disappeared. 3.5 million for, 114,000 against.

All the news that fits. That poll didn't fit their agenda, so away it went.

Old 07-17-2010, 02:42 PM

30,894 posts, read 36,937,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by californio sur View Post
The LA based band, Rage Against the Machine, is coming out of retirement to play a benefit concert to help organizations opposed to the Arizona immigration law. Chris Rock, Ry Cooder and Nine Inch Nails are also performing at this concert at the Hollywood Palladium on July 23rd. Anyone planning to attend?

"RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE Singer Plans Arizona Protest Concerts

The Pulse of Radio reports that RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE frontman Zack de la Rocha's campaign to get Arizona's controversial new immigration law repealed is going to a whole new level. According to Billboard.com, NINE INCH NAILS, Chris Rock and Ry Cooder have joined the list of artists refusing to play in the state while the law is in effect, and de la Rocha is now planning a series of protest concerts that will take place on July 23Rd.

BLABBERMOUTH.NET - RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE Singer Plans Arizona Protest Concerts (http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/BLABBERMOUTH.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=142281 - broken link)
In general, the best policy is to do the opposite of what most rock stars and movie stars advocate. Most of these people have zero common sense and live their lives in chaos and that spills over into their politics.

Old 07-17-2010, 02:45 PM

30,894 posts, read 36,937,375 times
Default Overturn Plyler v. Doe

Quote:
Originally Posted by UPT Oakland View Post
Interesting lol. Well I think a better law and one that makes sense would have been mandatory jail time and huge fines for any employer that hires illegals. That will make a difference, they are the ones luring them here. There would be no huge controversy either.
I agree. I'd add the other thing would be to not allow eligibility for public services. Of course, the 1981 Supreme Court Decision Plyler v. Doe ruined that. I think Plyler v. Doe needs to be overturned.

Plyler v. Doe - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 07-17-2010, 07:57 PM

10,028 posts, read 9,500,216 times
No suprise, same band that held a benefit concert for a cop killer.

Old 07-17-2010, 08:04 PM

16,806 posts, read 39,928,986 times
Who was the cop killer, that Mumia clown?

Old 07-17-2010, 08:20 PM

10,028 posts, read 9,500,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fontucky View Post
Who was the cop killer, that Mumia clown?
Yes.

Old 07-18-2010, 02:51 AM

422 posts, read 1,271,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by californio sur View Post
I think we can understand your anger. If well-known entertainers\ comedians\ musicians performed in an anti-California concert I would be partly angry and partly ashamed. Many people value what Chris Rock has to say and it is not surprising that Blacks are standing in solidarity with Latinos. The past racism of Arizona coupled with the immigration law puts your state in a bad light that is unfortunate because most people really like Arizona and it's beauty.
I see, you still have your panties in the knot over Arizona....LOL

Don't you have a life? Girlfriends? Boyfriends? Sports? .....Any other interests that young boys tend to enjoy?

You don't have to look to AZ for your daily dose of racism, you have plenty of racism in CA to be concerned about.

Who actually values what Chris Rock has to say?..LOL...You?

Sharpton may be standing with latinos, but he is hardly a representative of all black people. Need I remind you that black people are legal US citizens who are tired of footing the bill for foreign nationals, as well.

If I was an illegal, I would be as upset about the AZ law, as you are.

Old 07-18-2010, 10:03 AM

7,411 posts, read 10,382,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xwideopenskyx View Post
I see, you still have your panties in the knot over Arizona....LOL

Don't you have a life? Girlfriends? Boyfriends? Sports? .....Any other interests that young boys tend to enjoy?

You don't have to look to AZ for your daily dose of racism, you have plenty of racism in CA to be concerned about.

Who actually values what Chris Rock has to say?..LOL...You?

Sharpton may be standing with latinos, but he is hardly a representative of all black people. Need I remind you that black people are legal US citizens who are tired of footing the bill for foreign nationals, as well.

If I was an illegal, I would be as upset about the AZ law, as you are.
Pardon me but you sound a little upset and yet accuse me of having "panties in a knot" and no friends! I am merely reporting that several entertainers are performing for free in order to help fund various anti-Arizona organizations. It's strange that instead of just accepting that many people view your state as the "hick' step-child of the West and for good reason you now attack the performers. Frankly, Chris Rock has a lot more fans than your state's ignorant politicians who seem to only bring more shame and ridicule on Arizona.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California