Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-05-2014, 03:12 AM

2 posts, read 2,477 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fargobound View Post
There are a lot of pretenders in Redding who think owning 5 acres off Churn Creek bottom, a lawn tractor, jeans and a big trucks means they’re a big time farmer.
Haha, this is very true. The mix of people in Redding is interesting...i will say that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2014, 10:49 AM

Location: On the "Left Coast", somewhere in "the Land of Fruits & Nuts"
8,852 posts, read 10,451,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fargobound View Post
There are a lot of pretenders in Redding who think owning 5 acres off Churn Creek bottom, a lawn tractor, jeans and a big trucks means they’re a big time farmer.
Also apparently a common sight nearby is the "General Lee" look-a-like car from the Dukes of Hazard, complete with the #1 on the doors and a Confederate flag painted on the roof. When I asked one of the locals about it, he told me, "oh that's nothing, there are three of 'em around here!"

Old 10-05-2014, 12:52 PM

200 posts, read 453,913 times
Interesting that I seldom see many "cowboys" in Redding except during Rodeo Week and for the few at the Olde West gun store and even there the druggies out number the cowboys and hunters.

I've never once seen any of the "General Lee" cars either; maybe I'm living on the wrong side of town. ? However I have seen a cute mini cooper that's been decked out to look like a highway patrol car tho. :-)

Old 10-05-2014, 07:49 PM

Since this thread is about Redding I thought I would share this very informative blog I've just discovered. For those wanting to know about Redding's deterioration it's quite accurate reading...
https://crumblingtownreddingca.wordpress.com/

Old 10-06-2014, 01:36 PM

16 posts, read 22,238 times
WOW, very scary and sad. You guys need some serious help cleaning up that mess. Such a beautiful city but obviously filled with so much human waste . The open spaces and smaller towns of California seem to be hit the hardest by AB109. The picture of the guy that tattooed dirt on his neck made me feel sorry for the poor woman that had to suffer in labor to push out that vile excuse for a human.

Does the town of Chico suffer from the same homeless and Meth problems? It's not that far from Redding.

Old 10-06-2014, 04:38 PM

18,813 posts, read 32,480,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleK View Post
Interesting that I seldom see many "cowboys" in Redding except during Rodeo Week and for the few at the Olde West gun store and even there the druggies out number the cowboys and hunters.

I've never once seen any of the "General Lee" cars either; maybe I'm living on the wrong side of town. ? However I have seen a cute mini cooper that's been decked out to look like a highway patrol car tho. :-)
Neither have I.

But, the Redding haters like to have their fun. That's okay, keep the stories coming. Keeps my rent affordable.

Old 10-06-2014, 06:26 PM

Location: On the "Left Coast", somewhere in "the Land of Fruits & Nuts"
8,852 posts, read 10,451,396 times
^ ^ So what happened to relocating to Crescent City (with a 'reputation' of its own, BTW)?

Old 10-06-2014, 06:33 PM

18,813 posts, read 32,480,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mateo45 View Post
^ ^ So what happened to relocating to Crescent City (with a 'reputation' of its own, BTW)?
LOL, if you read it, you will see that I really like Redding and would stay - except for the unrelenting heat. I can't take the never-ending 100 degree weather here. It started mid-May and was 100 degrees yesterday. Ugh.

I'm sure Crescent City is horrible, though. In fact, probably much worse than Redding. Spread the word.

Old 10-06-2014, 07:09 PM

42,839 posts, read 26,236,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcomrie View Post
WOW, very scary and sad. You guys need some serious help cleaning up that mess. Such a beautiful city but obviously filled with so much human waste . The open spaces and smaller towns of California seem to be hit the hardest by AB109. The picture of the guy that tattooed dirt on his neck made me feel sorry for the poor woman that had to suffer in labor to push out that vile excuse for a human.

Does the town of Chico suffer from the same homeless and Meth problems? It's not that far from Redding.
What aspect of AB109 is it that you blame for the people in those photos? Do you even know what AB109 is, did you ever read the text of it? In case you don't know, it shifted the responsibility for confining and supervising offenders who do not have a violent or serious felony from the state to counties. If the county is not capable of supervising those offenders, take it up with the county supervisors because the state has thrown millions at them to help them manage their new responsibilities. I have not seen any great increase in the number of homeless post AB109, and recidivism has remained the same and in some cases fallen a bit.

Old 10-07-2014, 09:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcomrie View Post

No, Chico, tho does have problems they are nowhere near the ones here in Redding. Maybe it has to do with being a University town with more opportunities for it's citizens? I do go into Chico every once in a while and I have to say I see no where near the panhandlers and homeless we see on the streets of Redding.

Regarding AB109, even our Sheriff and Chief of Police are frustrated with the problems of AB109 here...

State senator: Redding toughest location for crime | Politics - Home

Update: SCAC Provides Video of Town Hall Meeting on Crime | anewscafe.com
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California