U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2010, 12:37 PM

7,412 posts, read 9,728,649 times

Advertisements

The key provisions of the Arizona immigration law were over ruled today by a federal law as predicted. Maybe the California boycotts of Arizona will be lifted now.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2010, 12:48 PM

16,798 posts, read 38,084,706 times
One arm of the Feds caused the problem, now another ensures it continues. What a country.

I guess your chattering mojado brothers will reinvade poor AZ now.

Old 07-28-2010, 12:55 PM

2,031 posts, read 2,838,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by californio sur View Post
The key provisions of the Arizona immigration law were over ruled today by a federal law as predicted. Maybe the California boycotts of Arizona will be lifted now.
Actually, they weren't overruled.

What the judge did was to put certain provisions on hold until courts have ruled on them. Those courts may eventually strike them down or uphold them, but they have not presently been overruled - just stayed pending full judicial review.

Old 07-28-2010, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fontucky View Post
One arm of the Feds caused the problem, now another ensures it continues. What a country.

I guess your chattering mojado brothers will reinvade poor AZ now.
I think the buses heading out of Los Angeles for Phoenix this morning may turn back to California. Also the demonstrators holding banners on freeway overpasses can relax and stop the protests. I'm glad the issue has been put to rest.

Old 07-28-2010, 12:56 PM

23,594 posts, read 35,634,823 times
Quote:
Unless you are truly vapid and totally partisan there is no vindication. A FEDERAL judge who probably likes her job, and a Clinton appointee as well, upholds the FEDERAL DOJ's points pending further review. The ACLU is probably giddy with joy which means that real Americans should be all the more concerned.

It's a banner day for the downfall of America. Another FEDERAL court upheld a college's right to expel a student because of her religious beliefs.

If you can't see Constitutional issues here then you're either ignorant, brainwashed or living in the wrong country.

Old 07-28-2010, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voyageur View Post
Actually, they weren't overruled.

What the judge did was to put certain provisions on hold until courts have ruled on them. Those courts may eventually strike them down or uphold them, but they have not presently been overruled - just stayed pending full judicial review.
The law can't be implemented; the decision could very well be appealed if Arizona wants to waste its limited money. But the important part is that the controversial police involvement in immigration control has been stopped before it could go into effect.

Old 07-28-2010, 12:59 PM

16,798 posts, read 38,084,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
It's a banner day for the downfall of America. Another FEDERAL court upheld a college's right to expel a student because of her religious beliefs.
That case isn't quite that cut and dried, but I suppose that's grist for another topic.

Old 07-28-2010, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
Unless you are truly vapid and totally partisan there is no vindication. A FEDERAL judge who probably likes her job, and a Clinton appointee as well, upholds the FEDERAL DOJ's points pending further review. The ACLU is probably giddy with joy which means that real Americans should be all the more concerned.

If you can't see Constitutional issues here then you're either ignorant, brainwashed or living in the wrong country.
Calm down Curmudgeon because you are reacting. And have no idea what religious beliefs have to do with this court decision; what are you talking about?

Old 07-28-2010, 01:03 PM

10,421 posts, read 10,283,967 times
Judges are no longer judges...they are an extension of the political party that appointed them

Old 07-28-2010, 01:07 PM

212 posts, read 450,231 times
Quote:
I think the buses heading out of Los Angeles for Phoenix this morning may turn back to California. Also the demonstrators holding banners on freeway overpasses can relax and stop the protests. I'm glad the issue has been put to rest.

You amaze me.

Not unlike a delusional schizophrenic... No matter what one says, they KNOW their delusion is real.

Look, PARTS of the law are put ON HOLD for REVIEW.

It has NOT been "put to rest".

...Frankly, if I shared your political and social opinions, I would not be pleased. This action will be a rallying cry for your opposition. It would have been far better for those against the law, to let it go into effect, and later show "racism" whether true or fabricated.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California