Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-05-2010, 03:32 PM

36,653 posts, read 67,476,702 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HtownLove View Post
Sounds like you are giving up rather than trying to reconcile
Well, that comment wasnt meant for you anyway.

While we're on the topic, could you please explain to me how come virtually every single person that has come at me sideways in this thread has been so unwilling to even entertain the notion that my solution is a great idea?

I mean, is it bad to think we should probably remove marriage from civil law?

I mean, wouldnt that separate church and state once and for all?

Old 08-05-2010, 03:35 PM

36,653 posts, read 67,476,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
I am not argueing what is right or wrong, but the examples you give are pretty interesting at the best. All are among the most liberal print media in circulation, not to mention the NYTimes is not long for this world.

Nita
Furthermore, all of these media outlets were vehement opponents of Prop 8, wrote all sorts of scathing condemnations against Prop 8, and the people still voted Yes.

Old 08-05-2010, 03:45 PM

7,411 posts, read 10,382,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
I am not argueing what is right or wrong, but the examples you give are pretty interesting at the best. All are among the most liberal print media in circulation, not to mention the NYTimes is not long for this world.

Nita
Can you find any major U.S. newspapers condemning Judge Walker's decision? Good luck because it may take you hours of research! Or are all the large city newspapers part of the "liberal bias" you Republicans so often claim? Hey, there's always the Jehovah Witness "Watchtower"

Old 08-05-2010, 04:14 PM

514 posts, read 686,511 times
Have you read the decision?
No, all of you complaining about the "liberal Media" supporting the judges decision, have not read the decision. Read it, it is worth your while.

Oh, the skewed liberal media? Let us look quickly at the non liberal media, Fox news, 12% of the population is black, the audience for Fox is 1.8% black.

I think a clear inference, with a difference that great, is that at least one media outlet has turned at least one minority against it, they probably did not do that by being fair and balanced.

Old 08-05-2010, 04:19 PM

6,795 posts, read 7,285,342 times
The people are becoming increasing angry that their will can be trampled on by Judges with their own personal interpretation of the Constitution. This is becoming the way our country is governed and there is a limit to how much crap you can shove down the throats of the people before they loose faith in the system. If the will of the people cannot be served by the system, then it will be served outside of it.

Old 08-05-2010, 04:22 PM

514 posts, read 686,511 times
Quote:
The people are becoming increasing angry that their will can be trampled on by Judges with their own personal interpretation of the Constitution. This is becoming the way our country is governed and there is a limit to how much crap you can shove down the throats of the people before they loose faith in the system. If the will of the people cannot be served by the system, then it will be served outside of it.
Isn't that a quote from Jefferson Davis?

Old 08-05-2010, 04:30 PM

16,588 posts, read 27,377,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
I think you and your ilk are in for a rude awakening once the Supreme Court gets this.

Just prepare yourselves.
oh be careful. Ones own words can be quite distasteful.

Old 08-05-2010, 04:30 PM

3,546 posts, read 8,559,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimhcom View Post
The people are becoming increasing angry that their will can be trampled on by Judges with their own personal interpretation of the Constitution.
I know. Bush v. Gore pissed me off, too.

Old 08-05-2010, 04:41 PM

18,495 posts, read 32,929,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
Well, that comment wasnt meant for you anyway.

While we're on the topic, could you please explain to me how come virtually every single person that has come at me sideways in this thread has been so unwilling to even entertain the notion that my solution is a great idea?

I mean, is it bad to think we should probably remove marriage from civil law?

I mean, wouldnt that separate church and state once and for all?
why don't you start another thread for your idea. I am staying on topic thank you very much. I don't want my posts disappearing with your sidetracking

Old 08-05-2010, 04:43 PM

7,411 posts, read 10,382,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14thandYou View Post
I know. Bush v. Gore pissed me off, too.
The very people who are up in arms [and for some "arms" means guns] with this judge [who ironically is Republican] had no problem when the California supreme court refused to stop Prop 8! How many liberals or gays threatened to take the law into their own hands when Prop 8 passed? Or how many called the 7 California justices "activists" or ramming their interpretation of the constitution "down our throats"? The people who make this statements are generally uniformed with limited education yet want to decide the rights of others based on their own pitiful bias. I favor the initiative process we are allowed in California for better or worse. And when the electorate make bad decisions the judiciary step in; that is the beauty of our American form of government that some Americans despise!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California