Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you think the word "Cali" is annoying?
Yes, it's California! 25 64.10%
No, y'all R crazy 14 35.90%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2010, 10:30 AM

1,302 posts, read 2,948,311 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalBrad View Post
I think I can make a topic about anything. I am so tired of seeing endless threads on "why did you leave California?" "The Golden State's war on ittself." It's so negative, that I thought it would be a fun topic to lighten up the board but apparently I have smarta$$es like you who can't take something as a joke. I didn't say whatever I said goes, get off my back about it. Like I said it was supposed to be an interesting/fun thread yet people seem to think everything is so serious. chill
it's hard to tell the OP was a joke, when most of the material was copied from pissy urbandictionary contributors with sticks up their asses.

Old 08-15-2010, 10:33 AM

4,803 posts, read 10,172,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinsanity View Post
it's hard to tell the OP was a joke, when most of the material was copied from pissy urbandictionary contributors with sticks up their asses.
You're a bore and no fun. Obviously more people feel the same way I do, than don't.

Old 08-15-2010, 10:38 AM

23,593 posts, read 37,471,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brenda-by-the-sea View Post
Here's another fun fact: it's not "Columbia;" it's Colombia! "Columbia" is a river in the Pacific Northwest.
And a lovely town on the Missouri River!

And SoCalBrad, I couldn't care less if you cared or not!

There! Saved you the trouble of another thoughtless post.

Born in San Diego in 1946 and raised mostly in Newport Beach and never heard it called "Cali" until now.

Old 08-15-2010, 10:40 AM

I get the feeling half the people on this board are old people with no lives, so they like to give a 19 year old trouble because they themselves are bitter that they can't find anything better to do.

Old 08-15-2010, 10:47 AM

23,593 posts, read 37,471,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalBrad View Post
I get the feeling half the people on this board are old people with no lives, so they like to give a 19 year old trouble because they themselves are bitter that they can't find anything better to do.
And I get the feeling you're a 19-year old, arrogant know-it-all who is, in his own mind, a lot smarter, educated, well read and traveled than us old farts who have actually experienced life for decades outside of Mommy and Daddy's home.

But by all means, keep posting. Such ignorance is vastly entertaining.

Old 08-15-2010, 10:48 AM

17,531 posts, read 24,693,227 times
Not Cali..........Kaali....as the Governator would call it

Old 08-15-2010, 10:51 AM

332 posts, read 772,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovehound View Post
I'm not so presumptuous to require SF natives to justify their feeling offense at the objectionable slang term, nor do I accuse them of feigning offense. The simplest explanation is that they don't like it, and the simplest solution is to not call it that. It's nice to get along with people.
If it's nice to get along with people, why are you being snarky?

The only people who care when someone says "Frisco" are uptight, self-satisfied jackasses. In my experience natives don't care; it's the non-natives who make noise about it, feigning offense because they think that's what "real San Franciscans" do... I don't change my vocabulary to please imbeciles.

Old 08-15-2010, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
And I get the feeling you're a 19-year old, arrogant know-it-all who is, in his own mind, a lot smarter, educated, well read and traveled than us old farts who have actually experienced life for decades outside of Mommy and Daddy's home.

But by all means, keep posting. Such ignorance is vastly entertaining.

lol you are the entertaining one. I never said I was a "know it all' or a lot "smarter" than you. nor did I say I was "well read" and more "traveled" than you.

What's arrogant is someone who doesn't even live in California, going into every thread acting like what they say is the end all be all of the forum. Guess what it's not!

Also, I have traveled all around the west. I still have lots of life to experience but I have enjoyed everything I have done and seen so far. I have no idea what me being young has anything to do with "arrogance" or "ignorance". I think it's you who needs to take your head out of your a*s and quit being so judgemental.

Such prudeness is vastly entertaining

Old 08-15-2010, 10:55 AM

354 posts, read 712,068 times
Who really cares? There are more important things going on in the world right now, I'm sure.

Old 08-15-2010, 10:55 AM

16,588 posts, read 27,384,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brenda-by-the-sea View Post
Here's another fun fact: it's not "Columbia;" it's Colombia! "Columbia" is a river in the Pacific Northwest.
You mean Colómbia
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California