Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-27-2010, 01:40 AM

16,806 posts, read 39,942,396 times

Advertisements

I was awakened the other night by the foul stench of tom cat **** wafting in the window. He'd marked my front door again. Death to all stray cats.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2010, 04:02 AM

15,700 posts, read 17,044,756 times
I am all for it. If you cannot afford to have your pet spayed or neutered...........you cannot afford to have a pet.

Old 08-27-2010, 07:25 AM

9,894 posts, read 22,023,427 times
All my cats have been fixed. Im for that. The bill needs to be tweaked abit.

Old 08-27-2010, 01:31 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,726,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by misfitz View Post
If you own a dog in our lovely state of California, please read this information about what the proposed new mandatory spay-neuter bills, SB 250, will mean to you. This legislation adversely affects dog owners, guide & service dog owners, SAR dogs, 4-H members, and guide dog puppy raisers. Please take a moment to call or fax your Assembly representative and ask them to oppose this bill.

While it may sound like a good idea on the surface, mandatory spay-neuter laws have been shown to actually *raise* shelter deaths in places where they have been passed. It is not a solution to shelter overcrowding, and will affect responsible pet owners as well as the above stated service dog organizations.

More info:

Save Our Dogs » Response to SB 250 Misinformation
Save Our Dogs » California SB 250 – Mandatory Spay/Neuter – immediate action required
http://www.dpca.org/Legisltv/documents/FailureOfMSN.pdf
San Mateo County Pet Overpopulation Ordinance
Mandatory Spay/Neuter

Read and decide for yourself!
thanks, I am so tired of nanny government telling me what I can and can not do. Yes, all dogs and cats should be nuetered unless they are to be used for breeding and even then there should be a limit to how much breeding is done. Mixed breeds should always be nuetered, but no one should tell me I have to do this or that...

Nita

Old 08-27-2010, 03:51 PM

1,465 posts, read 5,146,869 times
I wish they would pass the budget and then, if they have time, figure out how they can best serve us.

Old 08-27-2010, 04:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
I am all for it. If you cannot afford to have your pet spayed or neutered...........you cannot afford to have a pet.
I don't think many would question that but the fact still remains, no one has a right to tell us how to live our lives and I am sick and tired of being told when I can sneeze. I am a firm believer, if you want a pet, take responsibility for the little guy. If you don't want to do that, don't become an animal mommy or daddy. This does not mean some state or city can tell me what to do.

Nita

Old 08-27-2010, 04:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steel7 View Post
A few yrs back the city of yucaipa did their door to door knocking for dog licenses. I have cats only & if a law was made to license cats i would tell them i have no cats. Mine are indoors only.
When we lived in Texas it was the same. They did door to door and you had to have dogs and cats licensed, which I had no problems with plus if they were not nuetered the license was more expensive, but no one said "you have to do this and this.

NIta

Old 08-28-2010, 04:16 PM

11,466 posts, read 19,350,315 times
way to many unresponsable people with way too many animals, the papers are full of ad's for puppies and the streets are full of strays, we need some laws for the out of control birth rates of animals

Old 08-28-2010, 04:27 PM

2,186 posts, read 7,944,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
I don't think many would question that but the fact still remains, no one has a right to tell us how to live our lives and I am sick and tired of being told when I can sneeze. I am a firm believer, if you want a pet, take responsibility for the little guy. If you don't want to do that, don't become an animal mommy or daddy. This does not mean some state or city can tell me what to do.

Nita

Work at a shelter and your viewpoint will change. We had over 800 animals surrendered at the one I work with this month. Will all of them get adopted? No. We have dogs that have been with us for years. We get countless dogs that belong to a BYB that breeds countless litters and the moment something goes wrong- the dog is too old, has health problems or any other reason they no longer want it, they drop them outside the shelter. They don't have the decency to drop them off when we are open and several have been hit by cars or seriously hurt. We know who this person is and can't do anything about it. The ironic part is that in certain circles this person is a well respected breeder.

Old 08-28-2010, 05:04 PM

23,593 posts, read 37,475,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roaddog View Post
way to many unresponsable people with way too many animals, the papers are full of ad's for puppies and the streets are full of strays, we need some laws for the out of control birth rates of animals
Or change our culinary habits!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California