Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2007, 11:23 AM

1,198 posts, read 1,529,716 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cre8 View Post
Well, I've been ignoring this thread for a while, as I just didn't want to "get into it." Alas, my curiosity got the better of me. Now that I'm here, I ask myself, "where do I start?" and "how far should I go?" I'll keep it to the point that puzzles me the most.

So, among 17 million guys, Leana76, you found "a few" that displeased you. Ok, shucks, too bad. But why spend your energy jumping to some far-fetched conclusion that there is a common thread of rudeness among the native-born in a state with a population of 34 million? It just sounds preposterous to me. Seriously, what might serve you better is reevaluating some things more personal than all of us "folks" (disclaimer: I'm not a CA native) and a "few guys."

And if you can't get beyond the notion that CA natives are this, that and the other, date ex-pats from other states and countries. There are plenty to pick from in CA . But I suspect that this still wouldn't solve the issue for you . Just a thought.

I have relatives in California and I love it there, don't get me wrong. I guess it's the certain people I've met in the past few months that came from there, that got my curiosity up. I'm sorry to everyone. So, I guess this thread can be deleted.

Old 06-29-2007, 11:27 AM

5,864 posts, read 15,234,836 times
You will find mean, rude and snobby people in every state.

Old 06-29-2007, 11:27 AM

2,916 posts, read 11,075,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leana76 View Post
I'm sorry to everyone. So, I guess this thread can be deleted.
Not at all! It's been interesting. Fun to know people's perceptions, responses, etc.

Old 06-29-2007, 07:42 PM

5 posts, read 21,117 times
Being aggressive (rude to some people) is how people act in the SFV and LA because people will walk all over you if your not. I guess you just get used to it when you live here. No offense.

Old 06-29-2007, 10:39 PM

9 posts, read 32,786 times
I have lived in El Paso, Tx and Southern California, jumping back and forth every 5-10 years since I was a child. I hated El Paso's weather and depressed economy so I moved back to Calif. in the late 80's to make a living. I have to admit that I missed the southern hospitality and general friendly people of Texas. Life is so fast out here that people don't seem to be able to slow down long enough to get to know each other. Crime is horrific and everybody is watching there own back rather than each others.

So now what is my plan? I am moving to Washington this summer where as I understand, people are even more snobbish and unfriendly. Maybe once I get settled I may realize that California was pretty good all along.

Old 06-30-2007, 05:00 AM

2,016 posts, read 5,204,023 times
I personally feel that there are jerks everywhere. If you're talking about dating and/or meeting people, I wholheartedly believe it's about where you hang out, where you're looking for/finding these people. Seriously, birds of a feather flock together. Certain places are going to be hang-outs for jerks/users. This is everywhere. As far as just people in general, I've found that S. CA has a lot of very nice, down-to-earth people. Again, though, it depends where you're hanging out and finding them. I do wish you a lot of happiness for the future, and I hope that you meet a lot of friendly people wherever you're at.

Old 06-30-2007, 08:56 AM

21,956 posts, read 24,298,706 times
Don't get rid of this thread...it is interesting hearing what others have to say about this subject. Okay, here are my thoughts...I lived my entire life in CA and ment some of the greatest guys there. I even married one and had his children. As, so many before have stated, you have just met the wrong guys. It has nothing to do with where they are from....just bad luck. But don't give up on those CA guys...there are plenty to choose from and a lot of good ones!!!

Old 06-30-2007, 09:06 AM

1,648 posts, read 2,559,676 times
If you have problem with one or two ppl, then maybe the problem is them. But if you have problems with lots of different ppl, then maybe the problem is, errh, not them?

Old 06-30-2007, 06:22 PM

1,999 posts, read 4,872,333 times
Were not all like that,and besides those Californians you met were probably just transplants from other States.

Old 07-01-2007, 12:33 AM

179 posts, read 921,379 times
i'm rude and an ******* because most all women that come from outside L.A. and cali are "daddy's girls" and expect to be waited on hand and foot.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California