Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-13-2010, 08:49 PM

4 posts, read 13,346 times

Advertisements

Hi guys,

I'm just about to graduate from school in connecticut and want to move back to california, where I'm originally from. I know the state very well, but was wondering if the city-data boards might have some further suggestions as to which city might best fit my interests. I have a young daughter and we are both interested in a small town lifestyle, not a suburb (please), safe, pretty, decent schools/low teacher turnover, good people. Where we're living now in Connecticut is beyond quaint and picturesque, very safe, very lovely, with great smalltown activities and schools, but I'm not a huge Connecticut fan on the whole and want to head back west ASAP. I am a psychiatric nurse practitioner and have job leads in Ventura, San Francisco, Santa Cruz and Sacramento and so I'm (obviously) leaning towards small towns in those general areas. As for a commute, after living in CT for the last few years, I'm game with anything under 45 minutes-I'm willing to drive a bit more if means living out of the city.

I'm just feeling a little confused by my options, in that I actually have some and that's not what I had expected post-graduation! Where do you all think I might find the best fit for my family? Quirky, low-key and family-friendly? Please keep in mind I have been to many of these cities, but never thought of them as possibly 'homes' which is very different than just visiting a place, you know? Basically I'm just looking for a little guidance before I fly me and the kid out there to interview and look around. Thanks, thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2010, 09:38 PM

7,372 posts, read 16,006,559 times
Healdsburg, Ojai, Soquel, Boonville, Solvang (or Los Olivos or Santa Ynez), Los Alamos, Yreka, Julian, Mendocino, Bodega Bay, Murphys, Port Costa, Alviso, San Juan Bautista, Saratoga, Sonoma, Calistoga, Davis, Chico, Eureka and Arcata, amen.

Old 09-13-2010, 09:39 PM

7,372 posts, read 16,006,559 times
Quote:
psychiatric nurse practitioner
and Atascadero.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California