Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-27-2010, 11:17 PM

364 posts, read 611,212 times

Advertisements

I know of a place with the following advantages:

Under 7% unemployment compared to California's over 12%
A college town
Safe, clean, friendly
Family oriented, good schools, lots of parks, plentiful youth activites
Good shopping (three Walmarts, two targets, Macy's, Pennys, Whole Foods, lots of others)
A city of 100,000 in an MSA of 300,000
About 300 days of sunshine (my guess)
Affordable housing compared to CA
A pretty town, no bad areas, lots of trees
Nice Senior center
One hour from a major airport
Politics lean slightly towards conservative
The most respectful youth I have encountered anywhere
Colder winters than CA, but average daily high in winter is above 40
No summer humidity

Can you guess which town it is?

Old 11-27-2010, 11:20 PM

364 posts, read 611,212 times
Sorry

Meant to post that elsewhere.

Old 11-29-2010, 11:19 AM

312 posts, read 502,214 times
It's funny, the same people so against global warming because they claim no "facts" are the same people that believe in God and Jesus and pay for their preachers Bentley by donating every Sunday to the collection plate. Oh but there is no chance that humans are destroying the planet, yet there's this guy named Jesus that was born to a virgin that could turn water into wine. LOL Right.

Old 11-29-2010, 01:22 PM

6,390 posts, read 9,684,265 times
People are funny people. I get stuff from my old friend "D" who has become obnoxiously Christian, and now he also sends me stuff about how wonderful Mitt Romney is, yet many people who believe like "D" don't consider Mormons Christians at all, and they are all doomed to Hell.

People are funny people. It takes a conscious act of ignorance to dispute man caused global warming. I see the same kinds of ignoring facts that the Creationists must do to support their beliefs.

Old 11-29-2010, 02:05 PM

731 posts, read 1,368,071 times
Does global warming or restless leg syndrome still exist?

I haven't seen much marketing recently.

Quote:
Originally Posted by .highnlite View Post
. It takes a conscious act of ignorance to dispute man caused global warming.

Old 11-30-2010, 02:08 PM

9,848 posts, read 8,281,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Land View Post
It's funny, the same people so against global warming because they claim no "facts" are the same people that believe in God and Jesus and pay for their preachers Bentley by donating every Sunday to the collection plate. Oh but there is no chance that humans are destroying the planet, yet there's this guy named Jesus that was born to a virgin that could turn water into wine. LOL Right.
There could be religious people against the global warming scam in this country because we are mostly Christians in this nation. Kind of a numbers thing I think.

True, some donate to the poor or to perhaps some wealthy pastor who inspires them or helps them get by day to day. Doesn't make them stupid, they just patronize those that help or inspire them.

And after the global warming hoax was busted when all the high ranking scientist pushing their agenda were shown to be faking results to get what they wanted, well who wants to jump aboard that crazy train?

Global warming is a scheme to promote a leftist agenda as it is presented to the people as being man caused.
The earth has it's own patterns that come and go that one of our life times can't begin to gage. The earth will be here still after we are all gone.
If you want to do something productive, maybe just talk about what we do to our fresh water. China already polluted half or theirs.
Desalinization would be a good topic, not going for all the solar stuff that doesn't really cost effectively work, or buying an electric car that plugs into our electrical system that required fossil fuels to make the electricity.

We are the best country in the world in what we have done to prevent pollution compared to everyone else.
This stuff California passed is about to put us into far darker places with super high costing gas, electricity and probably much higher cost for water. I don't think that is an answer, that is what you rise up and revolt over. I think CA residents will be pissed off if they ever wake up and take their hands out of the state treasury.

Old 11-30-2010, 02:40 PM

4,897 posts, read 8,318,422 times
That's exactly the level of contribution we've all come to expect out of you, RCCCB.

Old 11-30-2010, 02:43 PM

731 posts, read 1,368,071 times
Global Warming is a religion. Look at all the GD global warming nuts.

Old 11-30-2010, 05:15 PM

1,054 posts, read 1,792,904 times
but can I still drive my hummah!

Old 11-30-2010, 05:27 PM

312 posts, read 502,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCCCB View Post
There could be religious people against the global warming scam in this country because we are mostly Christians in this nation. Kind of a numbers thing I think.

True, some donate to the poor or to perhaps some wealthy pastor who inspires them or helps them get by day to day. Doesn't make them stupid, they just patronize those that help or inspire them.

And after the global warming hoax was busted when all the high ranking scientist pushing their agenda were shown to be faking results to get what they wanted, well who wants to jump aboard that crazy train?

Global warming is a scheme to promote a leftist agenda as it is presented to the people as being man caused.
The earth has it's own patterns that come and go that one of our life times can't begin to gage. The earth will be here still after we are all gone.
If you want to do something productive, maybe just talk about what we do to our fresh water. China already polluted half or theirs.
Desalinization would be a good topic, not going for all the solar stuff that doesn't really cost effectively work, or buying an electric car that plugs into our electrical system that required fossil fuels to make the electricity.

We are the best country in the world in what we have done to prevent pollution compared to everyone else.
This stuff California passed is about to put us into far darker places with super high costing gas, electricity and probably much higher cost for water. I don't think that is an answer, that is what you rise up and revolt over. I think CA residents will be pissed off if they ever wake up and take their hands out of the state treasury.
There are people on the right that believe in Global warming too, so what are they? Fake Libs?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California