Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-11-2010, 12:47 PM

106 posts, read 273,355 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inter441 View Post
let the Asians and Latinos run Cali !!! they will make it better because of greedy corporate America California is down
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2010, 10:56 PM

74 posts, read 93,348 times
So OP are you racist against Mexicans? Seems like it, ah just another East Cruiser.

Old 10-11-2010, 11:12 PM

749 posts, read 1,862,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamfollower View Post

Quite a bit happened and all not good. And the biggest denial and mistake was in trying to downplay the influence of an illegal population which has not really offered any benefit to this state other than being willing to work for little pay at jobs which their enablers claim no citizen would want.

There is a sense of lawlessness CA which directly mirrors the negative social morays existing in Mexico today. The degree and type of criminal behavior in Southern California is borderline rampant and has a very desperate quality about it. I have worked in NYC and lived in the suburbs of NYC, and what is taking place in CA is uncivilized in comparison.

Some will huff and haw at the claim that NYC and its surrounds are more pleasant in this sense, but, sorry, it's true.

The only way CA will be saved is by deportation. I wish I could say otherwise, but all I see is a criminal bent in trespassing to begin with and a culture unwilling to assimilate and unappreciative to boot.

I have no sympathy for the illegal, at least not at the expense of California or any other state, and it seems that the veil has finally been stripped away and the raw equation is left before us. Do we survive or don't we?
There was much more lawlessness in Los Angeles 20 years ago (when there were fewer illegal immigrants here).

City of Los Angeles - 1992
Pop: Approx. 3,500,000
Homicides: 1,092

City of Los Angeles - 2009
Pop: Approx. 3,831,000
Homicides: 314

Old 10-12-2010, 12:10 AM

2,011 posts, read 3,551,984 times
There is nothing at all wrong with the legal Mexicans in CA. Yeah, I am a bit annoyed when the state celebrates Mexican holidays and people wear shirts like the OP describes. However, I'm equally annoyed when I see people flying the confederate flag.

I've never had a single issue with Mexicans. For the most part, they have great family values and are great citizens. There will always be exceptions - with any race.

Old 10-12-2010, 12:15 AM

17,440 posts, read 28,600,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarawayDJ View Post
There is nothing at all wrong with the legal Mexicans in CA. Yeah, I am a bit annoyed when the state celebrates Mexican holidays and people wear shirts like the OP describes. However, I'm equally annoyed when I see people flying the confederate flag.

I've never had a single issue with Mexicans. For the most part, they have great family values and are great citizens. There will always be exceptions - with any race.
We actually agree on something - yes there is good and bad in all groups.

As for the celebration of "Mexican holidays", you realize that Cinco de Mayo is a much bigger deal in the US than Mexico? In Mexico it's only celebrated in Puebla. In America it's become a celebration of heritage.

Old 10-12-2010, 12:20 AM

2,011 posts, read 3,551,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by majoun View Post
We actually agree on something - yes there is good and bad in all groups.

As for the celebration of "Mexican holidays", you realize that Cinco de Mayo is a much bigger deal in the US than Mexico? In Mexico it's only celebrated in Puebla. In America it's become a celebration of heritage.
Forums are a terrible "forum" to pass judgment on others. I have friends who range from the far religious right to the extreme left. No doubt if some of them posted anonymously on this forum we would have heated debates, probably exchange some insults, and not even know we had a beer together watching football last weekend.

So yes, we may strongly disagree on Prop 19, but we do indeed agree here.

Old 10-17-2010, 03:39 PM

530 posts, read 1,130,840 times
It is sooooo hilarious reading these replies. I will tell you WHY CALIFORNIA is in the mess that it is in READ THESE REVIEWS!!!!!! These people are in such DENIAL!!!!!!! And they wonder why their state (I live there also) is in such a MESS!!! HAHAHAHAHA hilarious

Old 10-17-2010, 05:40 PM

207 posts, read 799,614 times
And the nonesense continues.

Now the conversation veers off to defending a point which was never the issue - so-called discrimination against the Mexican culture.

I am not fond of illegal immigrants. If within this group the majority at the present time happens to be Mexican, then I am saying that I am not fond of Mexican illegal immigrants. If there are any other ethnicities which are here illegally, too, I will also say I am not fond of any illegal immigrant of that particular culture, also.

If the above makes me a racist, I suggest you look up the definition and remind yourself of it.

The ugly definition of racism aptly applied to the Civil Rights Movement in this country whereby legal and law abiding citizens of a darker skin tone were immorally and unethically treated as second class human beings because of their color. Illegal immigration IS NOT a Civil Rights issue and if I were African-American I would be utterly offended to have anyone associate the two circumstances.

We do not treat the Mexican illegal immorally or unethically here in the USA, we just do not want any illegal immigrant residing in our country. Period. This is not racist. This is ethical USA law pertaining to all who enter and not based on sex, color, creed or religion.

All illegal immigrants here in the USA should be deported, no matter how long or difficult a task it would be for this country to do. And then they each should pick-up a pen and fill out the paperwork available equally to every person of a country which supports immigrating to the USA, and wait their turn. If it takes 10-years, so be it.

STOP THE POLITICAL CORRECTNESS bull which has enabled this criminality.

No illegal immigration - no anchor babies. Try this and let's see how quickly California will bounce back to an American way of life with a better chance of tackling the economic mess left over.

When I drive by front yards littered to the brim with clothing and whatnot for sale, it is not a yearly garage sale, but a way of life from another land. Do these vendors have their commercial license in place to excuse the utter disarray and destruction of any semblance of a law abiding community, let alone the doing away with the public respect due to neighbors also residing in that community?

This is part of the illegal New America which I do not recognize and will not tolerate without a fight at the voting booth. I am hardly alone in this mentality. The time has come to stop this transgression, and if it took the literal melting down of a once shining state like California to get to this point, I guess sometimes lessons are learned the hard way.

In 2010 and 2012, vote the old guard OUT. {Bye-Bye, Jerry Brown.} Whoever coined the phrase "Take Back This Country" could not have said it better and at a more appropriate time. And we do not owe anyone an American apology for doing so.

Old 10-17-2010, 06:16 PM

23,593 posts, read 37,475,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamfollower View Post
In 2010 and 2012, vote the old guard OUT. {Bye-Bye, Jerry Brown.} Whoever coined the phrase "Take Back This Country" could not have said it better and at a more appropriate time. And we do not owe anyone an American apology for doing so.
You're spot-on in all respects. However, I fear the electorate will simply continue with the same-old, same-old and our miserable excuse for an American, Obama, will continue to bow, scrape, kow-tow and apologize for this great nation.

Old 10-18-2010, 03:28 PM

30,896 posts, read 36,954,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BluSpark View Post
There was much more lawlessness in Los Angeles 20 years ago (when there were fewer illegal immigrants here).

City of Los Angeles - 1992
Pop: Approx. 3,500,000
Homicides: 1,092

City of Los Angeles - 2009
Pop: Approx. 3,831,000
Homicides: 314
There's a lot more to lawlessness than just homicides. I've been to Latin America. There is a lot I like about it. The people know how to be happy with a lot less than Americans do. They emphasize family ties (which can be good and bad, but is mostly good). But the bad part is they have a "do it half a$$ed" or "do just enough to get by" menality about things, and if that means working around the law or under the table, or whatever, then they do it. It's understanable, since those countries are so corrupt, many have no choice in the matter. Unfortunately, when illegal immigrants come, they bring that kind of thinking with them. Do we really want America to go further down the road of corruption than it already is???
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California